Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 22-Jul-2009, 12:34
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily
glad you are doing better mister!!

trust me, you can do anything if you put your mind to it, i know it really hasn't held me back too much

Thanks Lilly, I was a little down and tired last night, it took 20 mins to hobble up the stairs to bed, but all has changed this morning after a good nights sleep, I am sure when the shoulder and hand injury recover I shall be even more mobile.

How do you have a bath/shower ? thats the next challange
Old 22-Jul-2009, 13:04
500SD

keep all your tesco bags as they are very handy for covering up your pot (if you have one) - you can tie the handles nice and snugly round the top to keep the water out not too tight so as to cut off the circulation mind!

worked a treat for me for both my hand and my ankle.

bath is probably best so you can keep your foot up. or sit down in the bath and have a shower if possible.

a very uncomfortable and awkward time and also embarrassing at times! but you'll be ok.

get well soon gordon!
Old 22-Jul-2009, 23:31
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriebird
keep all your tesco bags as they are very handy for covering up your pot (if you have one) - you can tie the handles nice and snugly round the top to keep the water out not too tight so as to cut off the circulation mind!

worked a treat for me for both my hand and my ankle.

bath is probably best so you can keep your foot up. or sit down in the bath and have a shower if possible.

a very uncomfortable and awkward time and also embarrassing at times! but you'll be ok.

get well soon gordon!

Dont think a tesco bag will be long enough, better get to tescos for some heavy duty bin bags

Thanks for your wish's and stay safe
Old 23-Jul-2009, 07:39
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys 900ss
Whats going on!!!!!

Take care fella & see you soon

Andy

Still up for the "girls on Friday" Andy ?

Will give you a call
Old 23-Jul-2009, 08:00
Big Twin

Had a great day yesterday, didn't make it for the wheels, met a few people in the village who had a service in the Church Hall next door on Sunday morning and prayed for my speedy recovery. They are so great
Ross was watching Moto GP and had to turn the sound up as the village hall ajoins my house He is feeling a bit guilty now.

Following a night of pain I have inspected under the temp cast and discovered what a s*it job they have done. They have not looked at my foot after leaving A&E on Sat am and I have a blood sack on the top of my ankle approx 100mm x 50mm.

I am off to see the nurse at 8am them maybe MK General, I also have other reasons for never seeing that consultant ever again.

I did have a choice either Northampton or MK, I went to Northampton as Mr Cobb looked after Barry Sheene and many others when the GP was at Silverstone and I thought his apprentaces may be of a similar standard.

I had noticed recently that the air ambulance from Silverstone flies south after a major incident to either Stoke Mandaville or Oxford John Radcliffe, now I think I know why

Last edited by gordonparker : 24-Jul-2009 at 09:33.
Old 23-Jul-2009, 09:32
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonparker
Still up for the "girls on Friday" Andy ?

Will give you a call

Sorry Gordon,

Im on call from friday

Andy
Old 23-Jul-2009, 11:03
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonparker
I had noticed recently that the air ambulance from Silverstone flies south after a major incident to either Stoke Mandaville or Oxford John Radcliffe, now I think I know why

Trouble with the JR is you have to put up with us lot in Oxford visiting, just like Chippy had to.

Hope they sort you out a bit better and make things a bit more comfortable for you.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 23-Jul-2009, 20:31
500SD

Sorry to hear the news. GWS Gordon.
Old 23-Jul-2009, 22:59

hospital

hi gordon, gald your on the mend, hope i didn`t remind you of a gorilla!!!! didn`t think i was that ugly,lol, best wishes sharon (shaz)x
Old 24-Jul-2009, 09:14
Big Twin

Thanks

Sharon,
the service I got from you was the best and unfortunatley I thought this was normal but now realize it was exeptional,
Had to go to the Doc's yesterday as I discovered a rather large blood bubble just above the toes, they decided to leave it but all the Doc's came to have a look as they had never seen one so big !! God it hurts,I have pics

Many thanks for looking after me, your the best.

Will be back in the fracture clinic next Thursday am.

Cant thank you enough

Gordon XXX