Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 28-May-2004, 12:24
888 at Last !!!

Front end ain\'t right after Yoke change (update)

Please help - I've taken the day off to ride my bike !!! I changed the top yoke yesterday for a more bling item. Today the bike feels very different on the front end. I'm fighting the bike to keep it in a straight line and it feels like it wants to lean over all the time. In a straight line it feels unstable.

I just took off the top yoke I had and put on the other one. It was a bit tight but all went on ok. Forks are 4 rings showing through yoke on both sides. I never slackened off the bottom yoke. I did need to apply the front brake to get the top yoke to fit on properly.

What have I done - it really does feel very different - must have done something wrong! Nothing else changed on front end. No suspension settings changed anywhere. Nothing changed on rear or any other chassis part !!

I've come straight back home because it's just not right.

Oh and i'm on the normal 24.5 degree steering angle. The steering lock still works so I don't think I've put it on the 23.5 degree angle by mistake.

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by ziggi]

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by ziggi]