Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Oct-2004, 21:50
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
What a difference a day makes

What a difference a day makes

waahey, what a bike, what a well handling bike.

as you may have guessed i managed to grab a couple of hours out on the 748 this afternoon and thanks to all of you who replied to my earlier thread i am now a lot happier

didnt expect such a varied response to the earlier thread but then thats what the forums for.

my mate on the balnd boring cbr-rr came over as the sun was shining and off we went. First roundabout was takena bit steady but by the time i hit the 3rd r'bout on the bypass it was knee down away i went, well chuffed. still feels heavy on the slower smaller r'bout's but great fun at the same time.

next on to the link road to the eden project, a nice quiet road thats mainly only used in the mornings by coaches and tourists and there aint many of them around here at the moment, the road has a lovely sweeping left followed by a right and a left, lovely bit of road ending with a steep downhill right hander with a very late apex as the hill flattens out. well it was left knee down on the first bend longer than ever before, then through the right/left flick i was buzzing, we went down the hill and turned around and back up the hill around what was on the r6 a 5th gear 10k rpm bend with knee down for a few seconds, on the 748 it was 6th gear and knee down for nearly 15 seconds, it was all the way up the hill and wayne was still about 4" away on his cbr-rr he dont like left handers

basically from here on in every favourite twisty bit in a 15 mile radius was visited and cornered better than before and quicker, the icing on the cake was at a local r'bout where everyone goes to try and get their knee down, it's a 2 laner and was really quiet, wayne loves right handers, especially r'bouts but he didnt find it to amusing when i found the confidence to slide right around the outside of him on his favourite r'bout, well chuffed

the bike handles amazingly and once i learn to ride the bike properly it will be awesome, i'm finding that the most power is between 6-9000 rpm and am slowly gettign used to riding around in first, its a case of getting used to using the clutch more. it was good to ride with someone else so i can judge myself and the bike against them,it is a quick bike but will struggle when the cbr gets going. i should kick his arse upto 110 but then the cbr just pulls away. think i need to learn when and how to accelerate properly,its very different to ride. i struggle to beleive about all the torque is at the bottom of the rev range as it does seem very laboured below 3000 rpm.

anyway all in all, i had a great afternoon and fell in love with her so its fun, fun fun all the way now cant wait for the next time she leaves the garage

cheers again for all your positive comments, even weeksy's helped ( a little bit !!! )

p.s. anyone goign to the beach races at weston-super-mare this weekend ????
Old 19-Oct-2004, 22:55
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
its good to be different aint it

you've got to say what you feel as you feel it else theres no point saying anything at all
Old 19-Oct-2004, 23:02
Ducati Meccanica

meant to add a picture of my bike, so here goes

748 pics

[Edited on 19-10-2004 by deej]
Old 19-Oct-2004, 23:09
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Mate, your story's cheered me up no end on an otherwise crap day... thanks!

The fun's only just begun!!
Take it easy...

n
Old 19-Oct-2004, 23:26
Big Twin

Would you believe Deej I'm at Weston at the weekend...me and a mate are going up on Sunday to watch the solos on our DR350's.

What day you going...we'll have to hook up if your there Sunday. Are you going on the 748.

Great to hear you getting on better now...just imagine what it will be like in the summer after another 6 months

Nice pics by the way...I seem to recognise them from somewhere!!!
Old 19-Oct-2004, 23:27
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

Good to hear it Deej, read this.

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/techcafe... obal&artID=36
Old 20-Oct-2004, 01:31
Ducati Corse

Ahhh ...

.. the force is strong in this one
Old 20-Oct-2004, 15:34
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

...which one the Cornwall & Devon Police force?
Old 20-Oct-2004, 22:26
Ducati Meccanica

hopefully not that force desmo

yep harv, i will be taking the 748 along on the sunday with a new number plate too and some extra bolts for it just in case, got a few of the lads staying the weekend but i'll probably just go on the sunday if its dry,are you racing or watching then mate???. have used the old photos for the time being as my copy of photoshop arrived today so will add all my new ones then

cheers nb glad to have been of help, remember its never that bad if you have a duacti in your garage to look at

henners - too true, ive always wanted a ducati and that was half the problem i think
Old 20-Oct-2004, 22:36
Big Twin

Nah not racing...but have thought about it...maybe next year!

Were aiming to get there about 10.30, the solos start at 11.00.