MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_S
See, I knew I'd start a row

I've started a petition to have you banned

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
although no one is out there racing on a trackday, i had loads more fun when we had our little tussle in inters (where i came 2nd - this time!) than i did in the fast group getting blown away all session.

For me that was the most enjoyable part of the day. I had the hugest grin in that session and this is the sort of thing I'm really looking forward to with DD. We both left plenty of room when passing, respecting TD spirit (take note Weeksy )and it was great.

I was wondering what you were thinking while I was out there as well, adds a new dimension to the track riding.
Old 29-Mar-2005, 15:41
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Incidentally, I don't have a bellypan on yet so I'll be interested to see how clearance goes with it fitted. I did scrape the sidestand in Graham Hill bend a few times and Surtee's but they were my only bike clearance issue's.

My boot having a completely chamfered edge through the slider and into the leather is another story, guess I still need to work on where the footpegs go ...

[Edited on 29-3-2005 by TP]
Old 29-Mar-2005, 16:03
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
I'd prefer to go in the fast group but that's up to aunti lizzie depending on numbers.

Anyway, I reckon a DSC fast group would be like the novice group from Good Friday's New Era practice day. Oops, sorry, I mean Track Day!

I'll even stay in the safety of the paddock and make the tea if I have to!!
Old 29-Mar-2005, 17:05
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996
Anyway, I reckon a DSC fast group would be like the novice group from Good Friday's New Era practice day. Oops, sorry, I mean Track Day!

Nick, I've seen this said a couple of times now. I now feel a lot better about being scared out of my wits on the 2nd session on Good Friday. I sat the 3rd out and went to have a chat with the No Limits guys because I found everyone and their dog passed me! I think they must have packed in or been moved up by lunchtime though because the afternoon was much more relaxed.

Henry
Old 29-Mar-2005, 18:01
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Yep, we sorted everyone out by the second or third session - there are always people in the wrong groups as it's your choice, not ours from your booking, but with 9 No Limits instructors plus marshals, we can easily spot them and move them up or down which we did pretty effectively. Friday was an unusual day as the New Era Superclub were racing at the weekend, so the paddock was full of racers, but we had very few offs indeed and only one red flag as a result of an accident. Still got 7 20 minute sessions in which we normally do. The fast group were proper fast, but the inters and novice were much as normal in the end, one or two quick boys, but nothing special.

The DD boys had a hoot from what I saw, we've had a few of you on No Limits days now. MCN and Performance Bikes were there for a tootle round on their test bikes, Adam Child had a go on my CB5 and came back with a big grin on his face. Really excellent day.

WeeJohnyB
Old 29-Mar-2005, 18:14
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
It was an unusual day, but WJB and the other boys and girls at No Limits did an excellent job of sorting everyone out... all credit to them for doing so.
Not so good at trivial persuit tho

And I can confirm - the DD boys certainly did have a hoot!

n
Old 29-Mar-2005, 18:25
Big Twin

To add to my experiences of the day, it was my first track day as well as first with No Limits. After my initial shock in the 2nd session I had a chat with Lawsey and he took me out for the next couple of sessions. I was a hell of a lot happier after that and carried on until I was in fact the last bike on the track of the day. Overall it was a good experience and I was buzzing from it for the rest of the weekend (much to the chagrin of everyone around me, because i must have bored them to death in the end). In fact I have just phoned No Limits to book another track day and left a message there.

My thanks to Lawsey and No Limits for making what was a daunting experience doing a track day for the first time into an enjoyable one that I am eager to repeat.

Henry

My pics from the day and a bit of movie
http://82.70.86.166/handk/bikes/inde...ll20050325.php

[Edited on 29-3-2005 by HW]

[Edited on 29-3-2005 by HW]
Old 30-Mar-2005, 07:50
Big Twin

Yep, I've got Termis on the 749 and I think it's me making that racket

I shall have to encourage wifey to go on a hike around the course a bit next time ... all hers were taken from the terrace outside the bar.
Old 31-Mar-2005, 00:01
Mille
Bikes: Monster S4R & 749S

Mood: Mellow Yellow
HW - Nice pics of your first track day. Question - which crash protectors did you go for and why? I am looking to get race fairings from Race Products for my 749s too - was it a simple job to fit?

Ian