Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 11-May-2009, 02:04
Bevel Head
Bikes: DD#73 & FirebladeCBR1000RR

Mood: Mizu-no-kokoro
Angelsey...What a weekend!

Hey Folks,

Well that was an experience!
Was there from Thursday, camped up wi Dom #4 n Dean #117 in scrutineering shed. Glad we did as it was high winds and chucked it down.
Suprisingly the No Limits Trackday was dry. Had a good day and last session was a blast, although had an attempt highside at the top right hand hairpin.
Paul C was there (Sparks n all and a lot of other DD'ers. Met TP and some others.
Went home Sat as I was missing my little boy

Sunday.....
Up for it...first damp race. third lap behind Dean, i saw him cut in the inside of Matt Lawson in a great manouvre at Church, only to lose the back end and head off to see the actual church over the grass! Harriet followed suit on the next lap also mimicking Deans grace in 'floor gymnastics'.

Next lap, I gassed it too hard out of the Banking and lost the rear going down wi mi bike on top o me, ruining my boot i might add. ....back to paddock where the "A-team" music commenced... we locked ourselves in the Gazebo with nothing but Gaffa tape and our experience from 'Nam... we emerged with our bikes fixed and ready to go again. George Peppard wudda been proud!

Confidence screwed up i tip toed araound like a panzy for the rest of the races and finshed accordingly.
However, Dean was made of sterner stuff, and finished 12th overall and 7th class B! Nice one mate. Dom finished 2nd Class B.

Craig Fisher rocketed past me out of Church on the last lap of race two, nice one mate!

Dont know if anyone else saw the incident in the Allcomers on Sunday on the back straight where a lad got run off the track having a bad tumble, happened in front of me. very unsporting I thought! (wave my fist Meldrew style)

Looking at the grid attendance at some of the other races on Sunday, I think DD did well and put a fair few out, giving a good show.

Despite my pants results, had a great weekend, the Vids will be on our site within the next day or two. Happy viewing.
Old 11-May-2009, 11:12
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Nice one Shane,

Good to meet you and Dean. Pleased that Dean's stresses didn't affect his weekend. Didn't know you had fallen off, but apparently you did your little number right in front of my wife...which she described as "weird" must have been cos you tried to hide from the rest of us under your bike.

Apparently the crowd shouted at your bike...

"You killed Kenny, you b astard!"
Old 11-May-2009, 11:15
500SD

My Quick Anglesey report.....

I arrived Saturday Afternoon and managed to catch the last DD race
but saw the Jon/Lily crash ...
So on to Sunday
In quali it was wet in places on the track so i decided to do 3 laps
to qualify then go for it and managed a half decent grid spot.

Race one
Great race with Ghost and Senna3, Swapping places with Ghost throughout
the race on the last lap i knew i could pass ghost on the brakes at the top of the hill and pulled it off
Great race Phil

Race Two
Couldn't match Senna3 and Ghost's pace in this one and kept making
mistakes trying to get close enough to join the Fun.
Good to see Kev Smiling again after this one
Old 11-May-2009, 16:02
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
My first time at Anglesey, can see what everyone means, its a superb setting and a super circuit.

I had some great dices on the Saturday with James,(Mad48) 1 for me then 2 for him. Good racing Jim.

Sunday, well all reports says grippy track wet or dry, Mmmm it did not seem tooooo difficult to get slides in the wet and a fair few succumbed. Dry for the DD race 1. I was having a good dice with Kev, Senna3, dived under him at the top of the hill, he then dived under me mid corkscrew, but coudn't make the right but he held it.

But he was so upset that the move was aggressive he handed me the place back, not an aggressive move at all, and I just loved the racing. I did a similar move at the hill top on Imola Duke, but I did not notice the last lap flag, so the bugger did exactly the same to me at the hilltop and pipped me.

Race 2 it was the same again with Senna3, Imola and me with Senna pipping me and me pipping Steve.

All I want to know now is where those seconds are gained from my laptimes to the front runners laptimes.

Excellent weekend for those that kept shinyside up, feel for Lilly and Freak. Brummie Dave is a dislocation so he will be back soon.

Good to meet some of the newcomers also, even tho' they are quicker than me.
Old 11-May-2009, 16:33
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999 / Kawasaki Z1000

What a cracking weekend, clutch problems all day friday, watched the racing saturday and then just like Shane i crashed in qualifying and had to start from 24th on the grid. But thats racing!

Got the bike back together and back out, for race 1 got to 18th, difficult going round church where i crashed seeing the scratches where the bike went down earlier.

Then in the second race got upto 12th which made me 7th in Class B and i was so chuffed i punched the air like a mentalist..... Didnt think people did that but the moment got to me.

Thanks for everyones support when rebuilding the bike, especially Dom and Shane for putting up with me spilling any liquid i seemed to get my hands on. Starting to see why DD racing is so special.

All the est to Claire and Jon aswell, get well soon guys.

Anyone wanting to see mine and shanes crashes follow the links....

Shane - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3vVJsjcDjU

Dean - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa3_vzVb0qc

See you all at Snetterton.
Old 12-May-2009, 14:16
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Loving the Enthusiasum that comes across in the reports, competition in Class B certainly seems healthy enough

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 12-May-2009, 19:19
seicento

Great weekend

Good to meet you to, just seen the pictures on trackdaydigitalimages web site, a proper shower of sparks, need to move the seat back as I can't afford a new set of boots every meeting,

Thanks to Cleggy for his advice on the HT lead crisis, and I will remember to put it in gear next time!!!

Can't wait for the next one!!

cheers, Paul C
Old 14-May-2009, 00:30
Bevel Head
Bikes: DD#73 & FirebladeCBR1000RR

Mood: Mizu-no-kokoro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
Nice one Shane,

Good to meet you and Dean. Pleased that Dean's stresses didn't affect his weekend. Didn't know you had fallen off, but apparently you did your little number right in front of my wife...which she described as "weird" must have been cos you tried to hide from the rest of us under your bike.

Apparently the crowd shouted at your bike...

"You killed Kenny, you b astard!"

Very Good

Ps...did anyone else think it was strange that the Marshalls simply stood and pointed out the oil at the Banking rather than clean & cement dust it? How Bizarre.
Old 14-May-2009, 00:55
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Yea, I thought that when I got back. Never saw ANY dust on that track all weekend. Race two as you say started with a marshal holding the slipery stuff flag out on the sighting lap. Maybe it all blew away. Hmmmmm

Craig
Old 14-May-2009, 20:21
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWizard
Very Good

Ps...did anyone else think it was strange that the Marshalls simply stood and pointed out the oil at the Banking rather than clean & cement dust it? How Bizarre.

Yeah, I did think it was weird and mentioned the fact in my race report that they just pointed to it in the next few races.

However, I wandered around the Marshalls posts that were visible and didn't see any evidence of there being cement dust to use in case of oil spillages.

I noticed a bucket of sand, that was it.

maybe that's all they had?