Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Aug-2009, 12:03
Bevel Head
Bikes: DD#73 & FirebladeCBR1000RR

Mood: Mizu-no-kokoro
Cadwell #73

Hello Folks,

Well, what a great weekend!
Came down Friday with Carrie and my two sons to watch Dean #117 on his track day and the weather was fab.

I wont go into all the ins & outs of the races, as I seem to be getting slower, I didn't even get under the 1.59 i got on the track attack day???

The wet race on Sat afternoon. AArrgghh, Orrible! Still psyched out from my Oulton Park off. If i hadn't have wanted the signature, I'd have probably done like someone else did and just come in to the pits n called it a day.
However, even tho i could have done some knitting on the way 'round, and came last by an episode of Corri', I still got an 8th place on my card! Lol!

Despite the crummy weather on Sat night, The Beer & BBQ in memory of Lucy had a real good turn out.
It also revealed Shep's taste of tunes, maybe a yellow shell suite for next round Andy
(just kiddin mate)

Sunday... Well ....Fab, Loadsa track time, enjoyed it despite my riding.
Had plenty of practice starts which is good for us novices.

On a more serious note, i do hope that all those who were unfortunate enough to make an unplanned exit of the track are recovering well. Especially James who i understand went to hospital with a fracture. That happened right in front of me. I was lucky enough to JUST avoid it but unfortunately Scott #50 was taken out by it. Worried that Scott may have been injured too, my fears were dashed when i pulled in after the race to see him stood cheering us in with a pint in his hand Hope you manage to get your bike fixed soon mate and have a good day at Donni today.

Harriet, Glad you got your bike fixed for the second race and you bounced back. I'm sure that incident in particular will get looked at, but, as I didn't see it, can't comment. However, old crasher Cleggy did succumb to his own end after the first bend. As I said to him yesterday,"You Doughnut!"
Cleggy is physically okay, but we doubt his bike will see out the championship..well maybe the last round.
Chuffed for Dean, as He did really well again.

When i took my race record in for a signature, I was that far down, the lady lost count twice!

Again, it was nice to speak to folk, and see smiles all round.

Thanks All, for a great weekend.

Shane Kenny

Old 03-Aug-2009, 12:12
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWizard
Again, it was nice to speak to folk, and see smiles all

It was good to see you with a smile on your face every time I bumped into you over the weekend Shane.

Your right Dean was having a good weekend, I really must close that door at the Old Hairpin he passed me 3 times there.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 03-Aug-2009, 12:38
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Well done Shane, good to to see you again this weekend. Belive me M8 you were a hell of a lot faster than I would have been in the wet. Fair play for getting out there and getting on with it. It looked scary horrible shinny surface. We certainly had enough social gatherings on the start grid this week.
See you at Castle.

Craig
Old 04-Aug-2009, 10:38
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Well done for finishin matey and thanks for the brake peg, I'm gonna knock up some rear sets so I'll give your peg back at Castle Doom.
We'll prob have time for a chat while we're going round as non of us know where it is never mind how to get round it, looks like it'll be 2 sighting sessions and 3 processions. Leave the racing to the others, maybe next year I'll get out of 3rd gear.
Take it easy and see you in 3 weeks.
Scott#50