Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 17-May-2005, 17:19

Minimoto

Does anyone know of anywhere in kent area a 9 year old can ride a minimoto or try one out. My son seems keen on one, but i'd like to know where we could use it first. I've looked on the net but there does'nt seem to be anything in this area apart from lakeside. Has anyone been to lakeside & seen what the setup is?.

Thanks in advance

Graham
Old 17-May-2005, 18:34
Big Twin
Bikes: KTM Arsey Ocho

Mood: retiring
I am not sure that they hire them, but try Buckmore Park or Lydd as I have seen minimotos at both!

Good luck
Old 18-May-2005, 09:56
500SD

Mood: What's going on??
Graham,

My son is 6 and is very keen too!

I live in St Leonards, nothing around here, so i contacted a chap at Lydd who was very helpful, but they are awaiting a delivery of minimoto bikes, he said to call again in a couple of weeks.

I then remembered Brands Hatch, there is a company at the back near the bar called Adrenalinx (I think thats the correct spelling!) I spoke to a very helpful girl there, I think they do try out nights on Tuesday and Thursday from 5 o/c to 8 o/c,
they provide a bike, helmet gloves and protection all in I think it's about £55.00 not bad eh.

My son is going to Greece next week with his mum for a break, so he is going when he gets back, as mummy didn't fancy taking him on a plane with a broken arm or leg

Hope the above is of some help, please get back to me and let me know how you got on

cheers, Neil
Old 19-May-2005, 15:38

Neil
thanks a lot for your help, I spoke to the guy at
" Adrenalinx" he was very helpful. I've booked my son in for next Thursday,it's £50 for bike & gear hire from 5:30 till 8:00 pm, I thought that was pretty good. I'll let you know how we get on next week.

Graham
Old 19-May-2005, 16:02
500SD

Mood: What's going on??
Graham,

That's terrific news, look forward to seeing how your boy gets on

My little fella is convinced he's going to like it! he's even started getting me to look on ebay for a bike to get

You never know!! if I can remember I have come across some websites that sell lids, gloves, boots and even leathers, though I think that's pushing it a bit at this stage, I just don't want to go the road of buying all the gear then he turns around and says he doesn't fancy it any more, evn though bless him he thinks that he can do the mini bikes for a couple of weeks and then have a go of my little baby (999s) i've hid the ignition key already as he knowa how to get on and start it up!

all the best Neil