Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Jul-2005, 14:36
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Scooter916
, So although I cant be with you i will have somthing to post.

A postcard from Skeggy ?????
Old 09-Jul-2005, 16:06
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
well - that was interesting

Rattler on 85, Psychlist on 90, Skids on 32, and Senna3 nuffink

nah - good mornings fun and interesting to see how the bikes compared.

We arent going to post up 'interesting' info tho thats down to the owners if they want to

C
Old 09-Jul-2005, 16:28
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Was quite an interesting morning - Mark's a great lad and provided some insight into what could help my Monnie perfom a bit better - including going back to standard with some parts !!!

I am looking at a number of areas of improvement for the monnie. But as with all these things, there's a price associated with getting the bike to perform better

But for me, I'm concentrating more on getting the biker to perform better - look out ESS, here I come!!!

To quote Lee Trevino (Golfer) - its not the arrows, its the indian!!!

Tim
Old 09-Jul-2005, 17:11
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
come on then...spill the beans what are they making??
Old 09-Jul-2005, 18:02
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by bradders
come on then...spill the beans what are they making??
About what I'd expected!!
Old 09-Jul-2005, 19:12
MotoGP God

Well I have nothing to complain about
I arrived just as Tim was leaving which looks like it coincided with the end pf Pyschlist run.
So with Tim creating a Vacant space for me to get the van in it was time to unload one of the DD bikes in the back.
Out came my 583 Hybrid (CK renamed it after hearing that it was again a collection of parts).
Before long AK had it strapped to the Dyno and warming up. I was pleased to see Mark using a temperature gauge to check when things were warm enough before starting the runs.
As Charlotte went off to make herself a drink Mark, Ak, Pyschlist and myself shut ourselves in the dyno room to see what my little beasty could do.
Mark did a total of 7 proper runs most were mainly all gear runs with a couple of roll on runs.
And the outcome 51.5bhp with a slight room for improvement as the CO2 levels were a little high, Mark suggested droping a size in main jet and a notch on the needle.
Spec, Pre 97 583cc monster engine, using std. SS 2 into 1 exhaust system mated to a Harris race can, Airbox has a K&N fitted under a standard lid with fueling taken care of by a Dynojet kit.

So with my bikes info safely printed out for all to see it was time to stick it back in the van and roll out Senna3's 675 BB bike.
As we were still waiting for Senna to arrive (he had taken awrong turn and had to phone for directions) as he had worked all morning he was riding over, we treated ourselves to a cup of tea (thanks for making it Al).
So as not to waste time Senna3's bike was strapped to the Dyno and the warming up began.
Soon a Senna3 was rumbling up the lane with its owner on board, no sooner had he arrived and removed his helmet he was dragged into the Dyno room to watch his bike getting put through its paces by Mark.
So what do you reckon those extra CCs are worth.
Looks like 52 bhp to me, very little difference when you allow for the jetting (which is bog stock) not running quite as rich as mine.
But that's not the whole story, when Mark overlayed our two power curves it could be seen that for a great deal of the Rev range the 675 made a good 4 bhp more (about 8%) and started making its power slightly earlier.
This makes it look as though something is restricting gas flow over about 8000rpm, anyone want to hazard a guess.

Big thanks to AK and CK for arranging it and to Mark for running it,
i'm now off to drill a few holes in my airbox lid to add some extra air to that over rich mixture and hopefully gain another 0.5bhp

Kev
Old 09-Jul-2005, 22:11
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Thank you Mark, CK and AK

After Rattlers smiley face glowing on his results how could I not be pleased with mine. I was expecting somewhere around the 45-47 mark and was both very pleased and a little disappointed when the several runs Mark did with "Monica" (thank you CK) all showed the same result, very over fuelled! So much so that Mark recommended dropping about 10 jet sizes
I'm off to see about rejetting while you make what you can of my graph.
Thanks to Mark for making us welcome (shame the boss had to make the tea cos the duty tea boy was gas-bagging!) and thanks to CK for setting us, sorry, it, up

With my engine as it is it seems there are no excuses for not being at the front of the pack after all

Old 09-Jul-2005, 22:15
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Interesting to see the drop off at top revs... you need some bigger valves in there dude!

p.s. answer your phone!!
Old 09-Jul-2005, 22:26
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996
p.s. answer your phone!!

Thought it was you so just let it ring

Drop off at the top? Yes they all do that sir, even the 675's run out of puff at the top. I'm sure someone will come along with a 620 and 675 curve for comparisons (or not if you want to think it's THAT much of a secret), but for a std 583 with a K&N filter and dynojet kit I'm pleased with the bike, just shows me that I need to improve my racecraft more than I thought
Old 09-Jul-2005, 23:15
MotoGP God

If I had a scanner that worked I would scan mine but it would look just like Pauls apart from a slightly higher top speed due to my 15/41 gearing and on the all gears run, the power recovery is a little quicker as my mixture is not as far out as Pauls.