Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-May-2006, 19:33
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
You said you could.

I'm putting you on the spot and asking what you can teach me. I've done it several times and I've yet to hear the answer.

You can't expect me to accept in blind faith a statement that says you can make me faster. You need to back it up. It's a bit like some bloke walking in off the street and saying "I can make your network faster, more reliable and cheaper to run". You will want to know how.

Being a teacher implies that you have something to teach the student - in turn that implies that you have more knowledge and experience unless you have somehow pre-assessed the student's needs/skills/experience. As we know, this doesn't happen with CSS. Everybody no matter how good or experience goes through the same route.

Would you say the same if I was Matt Bond or Gregorio?

Anyway...this is my final post on the matter. I'm open to being proved wrong - I genuinely am but, the risk is yours. After all the CSS is trying to sell a product - if it wants me to buy then it should convince me that it's worthwhile.
Old 25-May-2006, 19:48
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Just a quick responce. What make Rossi greater than Biaggi?

Biaggi thought he was the best and didn't need to change anything. He would always blame his machine.

Rossi on the other hand was always prepared to learn. He also knew he was the best.
Old 25-May-2006, 19:52
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by twpd
You said you could.

I'm putting you on the spot and asking what you can teach me. I've done it several times and I've yet to hear the answer.

You can't expect me to accept in blind faith a statement that says you can make me faster. You need to back it up. It's a bit like some bloke walking in off the street and saying "I can make your network faster, more reliable and cheaper to run". You will want to know how.

Being a teacher implies that you have something to teach the student - in turn that implies that you have more knowledge and experience unless you have somehow pre-assessed the student's needs/skills/experience. As we know, this doesn't happen with CSS. Everybody no matter how good or experience goes through the same route.

Would you say the same if I was Matt Bond or Gregorio?

Anyway...this is my final post on the matter. I'm open to being proved wrong - I genuinely am but, the risk is yours. After all the CSS is trying to sell a product - if it wants me to buy then it should convince me that it's worthwhile.

Ok, I'm being caught out here for a flippant comment I made to highlight the fact that unless you've got an open mind are willing to learn I won't be able to teach you anything.

You already think you can't learn anything from me - if you went to the school Johnny would match your experience with one of the coaches who has a lot of racing experience and away you go.

We both know you're not going to attend the school so I'm not sure what value there is in debating it.

u2u me if you want.
Old 25-May-2006, 20:06
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
haven't really got involved in this but to honest if you dont think the CSS can do anything for you dont go. if you think they can and want to give it a go. try it. i know plenty of people swear by it and would go back again and again. others have been and dont like it (although very few to be fair) best thing is surely to give it a try and see?
Old 25-May-2006, 20:24
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
haven't really got involved in this but to honest if you dont think the CSS can do anything for you dont go. if you think they can and want to give it a go. try it. i know plenty of people swear by it and would go back again and again. others have been and dont like it (although very few to be fair) best thing is surely to give it a try and see?

Trust you to post something that makes so much sense!!!

Where the hell were you yesterday?

Old 25-May-2006, 20:42
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Have to agree with Dickie. It isn't a quick fix and there are no miracle answers, as far as I can see. I did level one then tried all season to put it into practice but felt much slower because I had so much more to think about. My best day's riding last year was in October at Brands when I stopped thinking about all the CSS stuff and just rode the bike. Jools made a good point about the instruction. I didn't get as much as I'd hoped in feedback from my instructor but I got a lot, almost too much, from the classroom stuff that Andy Ibbott did.

I'm not planning to do any more levels until I've mastered all the things I learnt in level 1, because it's too expensive to do until I feel I really need to.
Old 25-May-2006, 21:16
Big Twin

Mood: r
i found the css a help,then again in jerez i had a day instruction with antinio maeso which was 90 euros. no plans for any more levels at the mo
Old 25-May-2006, 21:26
500SD

Just stumbled on this thread by accident....and then noticed who started it....a student training to be a chemist...I wonder how many marks he'd get for this little experiment:P
Old 25-May-2006, 21:40
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Wood
A few examples from the sports world, where the coach achieved less than the coachee in the chosen feild of expertise.

Phil Jackson - Micheal Jordan

Butch Harmon - Tiger Woods

Clive Woodward - World Cup Rugby

Jeremy Burgess - Rossi / Doohan

Tony Roach - Pete Sampras

Arsene Wegner - Arsenal

Jose Morino - Porto / Chelsea

Keith Code - ........

?????????????????

Don't get me started, I will use the personal library if pushed....

Er Clive Woodward...England international, British lion................
Old 25-May-2006, 21:43
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Wood
A few examples from the sports world, where the coach achieved less than the coachee in the chosen feild of expertise.

Phil Jackson - Micheal Jordan

Butch Harmon - Tiger Woods

Clive Woodward - World Cup Rugby

Jeremy Burgess - Rossi / Doohan

Tony Roach - Pete Sampras

Arsene Wegner - Arsenal

Jose Morino - Porto / Chelsea

Keith Code - ........

?????????????????

Don't get me started, I will use the personal library if pushed....

Er Clive Woodward...England international, British lion................

...and Jerry Burgess is an Australian, so he don't count either!! :P