Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 18-Jan-2011, 21:56
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
I read it and figured it that way too, Ron.

Seems a bit bonkers....
Old 18-Jan-2011, 22:19
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
By Qualifying (before the Qualifying race!!)

Phil... And just to confuse you, most rounds will be Qualifying from a qualifying session before the two championship races. The above is just for 2-day/3race weekends.

don't worry about Phil, Craig and I will be looking out for him, you know making sure he understands its customary to wait 5 minutes after last call for practice, count to three after the lights go out...you know stuff like that
Old 18-Jan-2011, 23:09
Mille
Bikes: 999 bip zx6r DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
don't worry about Phil, Craig and I will be looking out for him, you know making sure he understands its customary to wait 5 minutes after last call for practice, count to three after the lights go out...you know stuff like that
Yep I've been to Paul and Craig's school of bike racing
Old 19-Jan-2011, 04:48
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Don't give a toss how qually and grid position are decided as long as I have a laugh.

Hottrax will be great till you've paid up then wont give a flying feck, and if bad fortune strikes, getting a refund will be hilarious.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 19-Jan-2011, 07:53
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconmaker72
Don't give a toss how qually and grid position are decided as long as I have a laugh.

Hottrax will be great till you've paid up then wont give a flying feck, and if bad fortune strikes, getting a refund will be hilarious.
The point is that I (the minority) wouldn't be having quite so much of a laugh if I was starting at the back due to a mistake in a qualifying race.

No refunds are available at all... Stated clearly on their website. If that is what they have to do to stay in business, then that is what they have to do. Not a big deal anyway, because their discounts for paying up front are less than 1 race entry... So just pay a race at a time and you would never be more that 1 race entry out of pocket if the worst were to happen.
Old 19-Jan-2011, 09:23
Mille
Bikes: 916SPS and DD #21

Mood: Optimistic
[quote=Jolley]The point is that I (the minority) wouldn't be having quite so much of a laugh if I was starting at the back due to a mistake in a qualifying race.

Too serious Ron!
I know we all want to do well and obviously it is competitive but surely the main objective is to have fun with like minded riders/racers.. A bit like a quick TD with some mates and try to beat them... Not WSBK.
Even I had to take stock of how my mind was starting to focus almost entirely on winning or finishing high up etc.

However, I agree with you on the qualifying and think if it has to be during the Non points scoring race which some peeps may not want to do (I and many others didn't do all the Saturday races last year). Then it should be on the fastest lap of that race and not on the race result.
Old 19-Jan-2011, 09:30
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
However, I agree with you on the qualifying and think if it has to be during the Non points scoring race which some peeps may not want to do (I and many others didn't do all the Saturday races last year). Then it should be on the fastest lap of that race and not on the race result.

Yep +1 on this it should be fastest lap
Old 19-Jan-2011, 09:45
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
Too serious Ron!
I know we all want to do well and obviously it is competitive but surely the main objective is to have fun with like minded riders/racers.. A bit like a quick TD with some mates and try to beat them... Not WSBK.
Even I had to take stock of how my mind was starting to focus almost entirely on winning or finishing high up etc.

At the end of the day, I'm there to do as well as I can. I did that last year, and next year will be the same. I have fun out there, and my non-finishes at Mallory and Pembrey didn't cause me to spit any dummies... Im pretty laid back, and realize it isn't the end of the world. However, if someone else caused me to qualify at the back due to a silly mistake that resulted in a coming together, then I know I'd be more than a bit annoyed... And I don't think there are many people that wouldn't. We are all competetive or we would not be racing, and if it knocks me from 3rd to last or 10th to last makes no difference. Im honest enough to know right now that if it happened it would annoy me. However, that same incident would be laughed off as just one of those things if the consequences were not quite so disasterous. Why introduce a rule that could potentially lead to bad feeling? This puts more consequence on a silly mistake, so the rule would be making things more serious than a normal laid back Fastest Lap style Qualifying.

By the way, I'll happily go with whatever is decided. I just thought it was worth thinking about the potential fall out of the rule and ironing out the problems now.

So, I vote for a qually race, using your fastest lap.

Last edited by Jolley : 19-Jan-2011 at 09:53.
Old 19-Jan-2011, 09:46
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
Yep +1 on this it should be fastest lap

Likewise

Craig
Old 19-Jan-2011, 09:48
Montjuic
Bikes: Tuono Factory - DD #58

After my grass tracking at Cadwell last year - I'm only going to be paying for a race at a time just in case the same happens again!