Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Sep-2006, 16:49
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban996
But you've hit the nail on the head - I'm happy with the way my £20 is spent, but I don't expect to find people saying that I shouldn't have an opinion (if I wanted one) on a race series organised by the club because none of the money i contribute is being spent on it - when plainly it is.

Sorry mate, I haven't said anything to do with that comment. My point has been about being told your money is being spent on one thing, only to find out differently in the accounts ...

But to address what you've said, I think involvement from the non-DD participating DSC members is good, but I also am of the belief that the people spending their £1000's on racing deserve more say on matters that directly affect them and their wallets.

Again, just my take
Old 25-Sep-2006, 16:50
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
John - I'm not sure I understood your point.

If you don't (didn't) gain anything from running the series, then why would you do it? Perhaps you thought you would, but haven't? Perhaps its a charitable act?

What "personal gain" do you seek from any of your DSC activities? What have you gained from running the trackdays?

Tim

The 'personal gain' I get from running the trackday is the huge amount of grins spread throughout the paddock-priceless-the downside is the 6/9months work beforehand to make it happen-well worth it.

My main point was really picking up something Dom had said earlier about the RC being in it for personal gain-I wasn't sure what gain he thought there was to be had? I certainly didn't expect any gain-and I've been involved since it was just a drunken idea...........

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 25-Sep-2006, 16:52
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban996
But you've hit the nail on the head - I'm happy with the way my £20 is spent, but I don't expect to find people saying that I shouldn't have an opinion (if I wanted one) on a race series organised by the club because none of the money i contribute is being spent on it - when plainly it is.

who is saying that.?
Old 25-Sep-2006, 16:58
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
who is saying that.?

you have u2u
Old 25-Sep-2006, 16:59
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Totally agree with you martin, I've always maintained that every member should be listened to and have their ideas/concerns considered regarding the racing. As for voting rights... not sure on that one... probably the educated opinions lie almost entirely within the paddock, therefor leaving a vote about the rules (for example) open to the membership could easily yield the wrong result.
The other bit you're talking about is transparency - I'm with you on that one too.
Old 25-Sep-2006, 17:01
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
We seemed to have steered away from DD into a 'how does the club spend it's money debate?'

My memory is clear.
Stickers - for DSC and DD racers.
Set up costs for DD - to get the series going.
DUK truck - at Brands.

As long as all items were part of the DSC core activities, that's the elected MT's role to decide on who/how and what the money is spent on.

Fair deal all round.
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
Totally agree with you martin, I've always maintained that every member should be listened to and have their ideas/concerns considered regarding the racing. As for voting rights... not sure on that one... probably the educated opinions lie almost entirely within the paddock, therefor leaving a vote about the rules (for example) open to the membership could easily yield the wrong result.
The other bit you're talking about is transparency - I'm with you on that one too.

Nick - I have no interest in voting or the rules - it's not my place and I'm a dumbo who wouldn't understand them anyway, but transparancy - that's important.
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996

wow its all making sense..................
Old 25-Sep-2006, 17:21
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
We seemed to have steered away from DD into a 'how does the club spend it's money debate?'

My memory is clear.
Stickers - for DSC and DD racers.
Set up costs for DD - to get the series going.
DUK truck - at Brands.

As long as all items were part of the DSC core activities, that's the elected MT's role to decide on who/how and what the money is spent on.

Fair deal all round.

Exactamundo as I recall, this got done to death at the AGM.

DSC spends money on DSC activities shock, horror, probe................

The MT is mandated to splash the cash by the membership.

Don't try to explain it only makes matters worse is due another airing??

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...364565,00.html

If you can't be bothered to read the whole article this seems to sum things up pretty well

"the essence of democracy is the acceptance that you can’t always have it all your own way. And the test of your commitment to pluralism is accepting the right of others to differ"

Think on,

Ray.
Old 25-Sep-2006, 18:19
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Ray, you talking sense like that completely spoils a good discussion/argument.......

John

Growing old-disgracefully!