Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 15-Aug-2011, 15:40
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily
I can see that was probably a crappy incident, but (just to be a little devil ) would it have been any different with a different class or power bike?

these things happen and I know from experience that there are always two sides to every incident ...and then the actual facts. Not saying anyone was right or wrong as I wasn't there. But wondering if it's a reason to not ride/race with 600 or just an unfortunate incident?

think its more mentlaity. 1000 guy would have been thru quicker or gone round or just had more respect. It was only testing....and happens all the time when we mix with them. Anglesey was a nightmare at times
Old 15-Aug-2011, 16:04
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Well, that kink is flat out on a DD bike and I was on the racing line, flat out. I couldn't physically have done anything different. He, coming from behind on a 600 had more pace out of the previous corner, and they brake for the kink (so maybe he expected me to slow rather than chuck it in)... But my understanding is that the rider behind has the responsibility to aviod me... I can't see behind to see he is throwing it into a gap that isn't there, so I don't see how it is anyone's fault but his... We hit as I saw him, so it was impossible for me to take avoiding action. At 100mph there is little time to do anything. It was a stupid, impatient move that was totally his fault. I'm no mug, with pole positions and lap records in DD, and I have consistent pace and lines. The guy was an idiot who made a mis-judgement due to the massive difference in acceleration.
Old 15-Aug-2011, 16:45
MotoGP God

at Snett we were out with some of the Big Boys and my god when they went past on the back straight my bike shook!! There was prabably 70 mph plus difference between us, and tbh everytime I got towards the bridge I thought 'hope they have their head up!'
Old 15-Aug-2011, 22:11
500SD

I dont know what is the problem cos I dont really have the experience. It may just be that the 600s have not been out with the DD bikes before and as such their expectations does not match reality.

In other clubs there have been similar incidents where two different classes have different braking points and you get a clash. Maybe being with New Era for several years the guys that shared track with the DD bikes knew what to expect??

I cant see a different way of splitting the test day, hopefully it wont happen again
Mark
Old 15-Aug-2011, 23:11
MotoGP God

these things happen Mark

Neil seems to love them 600s
Old 17-Aug-2011, 22:47
Mille
Bikes: M620ie, DD583R #30

I've just booked the last Track Day slot on friday, then read that its intermediates and advanced running togeather, hope it's not too mental. Looks like two groups for ACU testers and then the trackday entries going out at 20 min intervals all day. Odd set up? pete
Old 17-Aug-2011, 23:22
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicoops
I've just booked the last Track Day slot on friday, then read that its intermediates and advanced running togeather, hope it's not too mental. Looks like two groups for ACU testers and then the trackday entries going out at 20 min intervals all day. Odd set up? pete

had this twice (AFAICR) this year. 1st time was a farce, 2nd time was fine. But be prepared for some ACU guys