Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 01-Mar-2011, 13:11
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
My 2011 Desmo Due racing #51

Ok, i know it hasn't started yet but in only 12 days i will be back on the grid along with some old faces and hopefully some new ones ready to do it all again, where has all the time gone it only seems like a few days ago we were all at a wet and soggy Cadwell for the last race of 2010,

Changes to the bike: well not allot really as i am sure the bike was going well enough last year and any problems were down to the rider, i have decided to get rid of the old 748 fairings and replace them with 848 ones, they seem to suit the bike better.

Testing: well if you can call two days at a rain lashed Cadwell testing then that's been it really, i like the wet and hope it rains at all meetings this year the bike seems fine and i have no complaints, the new control tyre did seem better in the wet than last years, or it could have been wishful thinking, will just have to wait and see.

Team: Yet again i will have Chris.P sister in law Cathy, and partner Julie along for moral support, pit boarding, spanering tea making etc etc, as they did such a great job last year, this year i have splashed out on team T-shirts for them, ok i am tight bugger the T-shirts cost £3.00 quid each and the printing was done free courtesy of my brothers work place

Sponsorship: My thanks go to Italia Moto of Lincoln for once again sponsoring me this year,

Goals: Now this is a good one, firstly my goal is to finish all races,this will be achieved by avoiding fallen bikes laying on the track (Snetterton) misjudging an undertake and running up the back tyre of the bike in front (Silverstone) other than that its to go out there have fun and enjoy myself.

Looking forward to seeing all you guys on the 12th, heres hoping this year will be as much fun as last year.
Old 01-Mar-2011, 13:30
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
Ok, i know it hasn't started yet but in only 12 days i will be back on the grid along with some old faces and hopefully some new ones ready to do it all again, where has all the time gone it only seems like a few days ago we were all at a wet and soggy Cadwell for the last race of 2010,

Changes to the bike: well not allot really as i am sure the bike was going well enough last year and any problems were down to the rider, i have decided to get rid of the old 748 fairings and replace them with 848 ones, they seem to suit the bike better.

Testing: well if you can call two days at a rain lashed Cadwell testing then that's been it really, i like the wet and hope it rains at all meetings this year the bike seems fine and i have no complaints, the new control tyre did seem better in the wet than last years, or it could have been wishful thinking, will just have to wait and see.

Team: Yet again i will have Chris.P sister in law Cathy, and partner Julie along for moral support, pit boarding, spanering tea making etc etc, as they did such a great job last year, this year i have splashed out on team T-shirts for them, ok i am tight bugger the T-shirts cost £3.00 quid each and the printing was done free courtesy of my brothers work place

Sponsorship: My thanks go to Italia Moto of Lincoln for once again sponsoring me this year,

Goals: Now this is a good one, firstly my goal is to finish all races,this will be achieved by avoiding fallen bikes laying on the track (Snetterton) misjudging an undertake and running up the back tyre of the bike in front (Silverstone) other than that its to go out there have fun and enjoy myself.

Looking forward to seeing all you guys on the 12th, heres hoping this year will be as much fun as last year.

Echo all of that Paul, but isn't it young faces rather than new ones.
Old 01-Mar-2011, 14:28
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Cant wait Paul but you can keep that wet

Craig
Old 01-Mar-2011, 15:04
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Old/young/new/wet/dry... I don't mind.

Just be careful at Brands you lot. It is a long season, and on the evidence of this years trackdays Brands doesn't offer much grip when it is cold. It is a long season, and I want us all in one piece battling throughout the year.
Old 01-Mar-2011, 16:05
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost

Nooooo dont want young faces, youngsters go too fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Cant wait Paul but you can keep that wet

Craig

Craig Answer = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSMCRD35ch4
Old 01-Mar-2011, 16:43
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
awesome

what ever 2011 brings, I'm sure it will be AWESOME!

Brands is ok, there is a dodgy bit at the hairpin where water has been seeping up through the tarmac and bringing some greasy stuff with it, but I had no problems so I guess it can't be that bad
Old 01-Mar-2011, 17:12
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Quote:
i have decided to get rid of the old 748 fairings and replace them with 848 ones, they seem to suit the bike better.

No one will catch you with those fitted Paul

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 01-Mar-2011, 17:46
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementor
No one will catch you with those fitted Paul

Kind of hoping that the 848 ones will give me a bit better hp might trick the bike into thinking its got a bigger engine
Old 01-Mar-2011, 17:51
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quite a few are switching to 848/1098 fairings this year.... It will be like a mini 848 challenge!
Old 01-Mar-2011, 18:37
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Nooooo dont want young faces, youngsters go too fast

Craig Answer = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSMCRD35ch4

Funny as

Craig