Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 18-Apr-2011, 19:40
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
It was a Joke Hugh.. referring to Ron's "the top 5 challengers are Phil, Kev P, Neal, Hugh and myself (Ron)".
I know I can lap as fast as most (1.03.057 1st Race & 1.02.825 2nd Race ).
Just my thoughts on entering the season... but I had already not considered Jimbo who surprised the pants off me at Brands.... and also happens to have been my Pembrey wet weather sparring partner!

You were fast last season as well, but just drifted off the boil a little and I thought that meant you had lost some interest in being up the front.... I am pleased to see that isn't the case and you have started the season the way you started the last.
Old 18-Apr-2011, 21:55
Mille
Bikes: 916SPS and DD #21

Mood: Optimistic
Doing my best mate and if that's good enough to be up the sharp end then

But you are right I probably don't want it as much as others.. just enjoying myself and what comes along is a bonus.. It's an age thing called mellowing and contentment

See you at Anglesey and hope your bike gremlins are behind you (I know how frustrating that can be and how it brought dejection into my season last year).
Old 19-Apr-2011, 08:56
Big Twin

I like trying to set the pace and I like being right at the front. Since Castle Combe last year my approach to a weekend has changed and my intention is to just be the fastest person every session. I set Pole at Castle Combe and Brands, and I was only pipped into second on the grid at Cadwell and Mallory by the people following me. At the moment (and I know that can change) I feel like I can set the pace at the remaining rounds (the test will be Anglesey and Oulton, where I have never been) and honestly believe the only way I won't win the championship is if I have any more bad luck. I have in the past been warned against making such Awesome statements, but it is really how I feel right now.
Old 19-Apr-2011, 09:51
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 848 Evo ‘Pikes Peak’, 748S, 200 Single

I have had my money on you to win this years championship since last year.

You won't be easy for any of us to beat.
Old 19-Apr-2011, 13:17
Big Twin

Which just goes to show how cruel and unreliable racing is. The reality is that I never would have stood a chance were it not for your freak accident. Any one of about 7 people stands a very good chance, including you. I'll be doing my best to make sure it is me though
Old 19-Apr-2011, 18:29
500SD

Mood: ready to race
Ron you shouldent wright cheques your bike cant cash
Old 19-Apr-2011, 18:56
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
I like trying to set the pace and I like being right at the front. Since Castle Combe last year my approach to a weekend has changed and my intention is to just be the fastest person every session. I set Pole at Castle Combe and Brands, and I was only pipped into second on the grid at Cadwell and Mallory by the people following me. At the moment (and I know that can change) I feel like I can set the pace at the remaining rounds (the test will be Anglesey and Oulton, where I have never been) and honestly believe the only way I won't win the championship is if I have any more bad luck. I have in the past been warned against making such Awesome statements, but it is really how I feel right now.

Mate that really is some Awesome talk right there! But I don't necessarily disagree. Just looked at your results last year and other than your Mallory result being the same your best result at this point was 8th. You can really see how you improved after every round.... and it got me thinking that you fast boys better hope I dont do the same!

Think my first result this year was a win... from 7th. At Mallory I missed the test day and after getting up at 4:30am driving 2 hours and jumping on a bike with a completely new setup, 12 laps later I was third on the grid (not that I ended started from third ). Only 1/4 second behind you and I wasn't following anyone.
However, I will say that your advice and general support has been invaluable in both rounds and certainly helped me no end.

But I wouldnt be any kind of real friend if I made it easy for you to claim the title now would I?
Old 19-Apr-2011, 19:06
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna3
Ron you shouldent wright cheques your bike cant cash
The plan is rollerblades.... Pushing myself just ahead of you at the line!
Old 19-Apr-2011, 19:13
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 955SP
Mate that really is some Awesome talk right there! But I don't necessarily disagree. Just looked at your results last year and other than your Mallory result being the same your best result at this point was 8th. You can really see how you improved after every round.... and it got me thinking that you fast boys better hope I dont do the same!

However, I will say that your advice and general support has been invaluable in both rounds and certainly helped me no end.

But I wouldnt be any kind of real friend if I made it easy for you to claim the title now would I?
Plus Neal and Bradders and any other surprises coming out of the woodwork. Most would not have predicted a double win for me at the last round last year when we all lined up at the first round.... Things change from round to round dependent on tracks and moods and luck. I'm just more determined than ever because I missed chance to prove a point at Mallory.
Old 19-Apr-2011, 19:43
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
Plus Neal and Bradders and any other surprises coming out of the woodwork.

thanks for the mention

but belive I'd have to be a good 15 kilos lighter to really be a contender even if I pick my pace up a lttle more and get that extra second or two...and I havent done most of the tracks remaining so we'll see; top 10 and take the dosh off the Hants and Berks lot is my goal, anything extra a bonus