Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 22-May-2004, 13:55
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
Best Wishes

John
Sorry for the time delay in reading your post (had lots to do with my daughter and not on-line) but firstly, no was not reading the 996 posts.

However, I am intrigued by this oil consumption and truely wish you all the best for the future - but any "high" oil usage should be viewed with a "little" concern, and that's why I mentioned provenence.....

I ride hard - loads of engine braking in the alps otherwise the brakes do tend to overheat and fade a little. Riding solo n luggage I use very little rear brake. My routes demand that the gearbox is played with all the time with all the steep ascents/decents around here. And when I come back to the UK I fly along the motorways across France, Luxembourg and Belgium in the middle of the night at the highest rate of knots that road and bike will permit. Yet no appreciable oil usage. That's why I was concerned about your plight.

Have fun and I really hope this "oil" thing does not develop into a problem that spoils your riding fun.