Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 01-Feb-2005, 10:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
THE PRIZES

1. A subscription to motorcycle magazine of your choice. As I don't buy them, I don't know what that would cost but looking at MCN's e-subscription it's £100 for the year (52 issues). The value of the prize may vary if you choose say 3 or 4 mags for a year which I'm assuming would cost about 100 quid or one mag for 4 years - you get the picture, anyway.

2. If you haven't already signed up for it, TA4. For non members, this prize will include one year's membership. For members, I'll throw in a couple of tanks of fuel.

3. If you've already signed up for TA4, the entrance fee for the Brand Hatch trackday in October, which is more expensive I think so won't include the membership fee - sorry. So if you're not a member, you may have to join!

4. £100 towards any item/ you buy on e-bay during the month of February. You have to be able to prove you bought it. Now that will give you an incentive to spend money on your Desmo Due bike or give you a licence to buy even more bike bling if you believe you are a prize-winning Know All

And the final prize ... it's going to be "Open The Box". A lot of you won't remember that show but it goes like this ...

Audience:

"Take the Money"

"No, Open the Box"

"Take the Money"

"Open the Box"

And there are no clues as to what the box contains but if no-one opens it I shall keep it because I want one anyway.

I shall be lodging £100 with Chris Bushell as Club Treasurer, just in case there is any suggestion of the prizes not materialising ...

Good Luck
Old 01-Feb-2005, 10:45
Ducati Meccanica

In number 4 that should read "item/items"
Old 01-Feb-2005, 10:56
Ducati Meccanica

For those who haven't looked at the "Everybody loves a Know All" thread, these prizes relate to that competition. Sorry, should have made that clear in the title
Old 01-Feb-2005, 12:55
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth

And the final prize ... it's going to be "Open The Box".....
.....And there are no clues as to what the box contains but if no-one opens it I shall keep it because I want one anyway.

Aww... come on girl, you could at least describe what your box looks like
Old 01-Feb-2005, 13:08
Ducati Meccanica

I cannot be any more specific than I've already been, sorry. It's a bike-related prize, as you would expect. That's all I'm saying.
Old 01-Feb-2005, 20:00
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Quote:
1. A subscription to motorcycle magazine of your choice. As I don't buy them, I don't know what that would cost but looking at MCN's e-subscription it's £100 for the year (52 issues). The value of the prize may vary if you choose say 3 or 4 mags for a year which I'm assuming would cost about 100 quid or one mag for 4 years - you get the picture, anyway.

2. If you haven't already signed up for it, TA4. For non members, this prize will include one year's membership. For members, I'll throw in a couple of tanks of fuel.

3. If you've already signed up for TA4, the entrance fee for the Brand Hatch trackday in October, which is more expensive I think so won't include the membership fee - sorry. So if you're not a member, you may have to join!

4. £100 towards any item/ you buy on e-bay during the month of February. You have to be able to prove you bought it. Now that will give you an incentive to spend money on your Desmo Due bike or give you a licence to buy even more bike bling if you believe you are a prize-winning Know All

And the final prize ... it's going to be "Open The Box". A lot of you won't remember that show but it goes like this ...

Audience:

"Take the Money"

"No, Open the Box"

"Take the Money"

"Open the Box"

And there are no clues as to what the box contains but if no-one opens it I shall keep it because I want one anyway.

I shall be lodging £100 with Chris Bushell as Club Treasurer, just in case there is any suggestion of the prizes not materialising ...

Good Luck

Well what a fantastic offer you lot !!!!!!!!
c'mon get asking your techie Questions
then the answers will be forth coming
Old 01-Feb-2005, 22:00
Ducati Meccanica

Thanks for the support Mav. It is a fantastic offer, isn't it. I'm beginning to wonder what posessed me. And in case anyone else is wondering that too, (but too afraid to ask because it's not a sufficiently technical question ... although some psychologists might think it is ... I digress...)

I just thought it's time to put something back into the club that's been a hoot for the last 9 months. Usually, after a nine month period, I've produced ... what, a baby or two... passed a few exams... built an extension ... I was just feeling a bit unproductive ....

So, that's all I have to say on the matter (audible sigh of relief).

Let's have a few more questions to tax our Know Alls brains.
Old 03-Feb-2005, 00:08
Ducati Meccanica

BUMP
Old 03-Feb-2005, 14:30
Ducati Meccanica

Right. I've sent the prize money to Chris Bushell as club Treasurer, so when the winner chooses the prize it'll be Chris who is responsible for paying for it. I'm nothing if not good at delegating!

... except for the one in the mystery box, which I hope to have to hand before the end of February.

I'm keeping an eye on the 'quiz' but have to say the questions are not coming in that thick or fast .... well, I've maybe posted a couple of thick ones but that's only to be expected.

So, if anyone has any questions that they are just too afraid to ask, U2U them to and I'll post
Old 04-Feb-2005, 00:27
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Quote:

Audience:

"Take the Money"

"No, Open the Box"

"Take the Money"

"Open the Box"

Good Luck

Actually Ruth it was called Take your pick and the origonal compere was Michel Miles.
Of course you are far too young to be expected to remember this

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit