Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Mar-2005, 19:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
I promised to post the result by 6 pm so apologies for slight delay. I haven't been able to get hold of Dickieducati but am pleased to announce that 100% of those present and voting have unanimously agreed the there has been a tie:-

NBS (Nick) and Skidlids (Kev) are joint winners

So you can each choose one prize from the list - with one exception. There will be no squabbling over the 'open the box' option as this will not be available to either of you. Instead, I shall be awarding this prize to Shazaam for his unending dedication and willingness to spend so much time and effort answering everyone's questions. So, Shazaam, I'll be needing your postal address in California and hoping you like what's inside. Here's a clue. It's fragile!

Thanks to all those who played a part. I want to mention Monstermob and Iconic for their involvement and Nelly because if he wasn't so good a mechanic, he'd have more time to spend on his computer answering questions, as he so very often does.

Old 06-Mar-2005, 19:24
Ducati Meccanica

And that decision has just been endorsed by Dickie, who with typical disregard to his judge's responsibilities, has been out playing on his bike.

So. Congratulations to all. I think there may be a bit of a prize giving at the next little DSC get together some time in the fairly near future
Old 06-Mar-2005, 19:38
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Aw shucks ruthie, I'm touched!

I would've had a speach prepared but in the presence of such great competitors I didn't think I'd need one!

I'd like to thank my mummy, who never wanted me to get a bike;
CK and AK for feeding me at christmas, without their kindness I'd no doubt have wasted away through January and not been able to compete;
My sponsors, if I had any;
My Physics teacher, god rest his soul, for his patience and understanding over the incident which led to the school being evacuated;
and last but not least, Ruthie, just for being Ruthie!

Old 06-Mar-2005, 19:39
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Very decent of you Ruth but I didn't do it for a prize it was done for a bit of fun and because its something I try to do anyway.
I would rather you used the prize to get your self a decent paddock stand or what ever else you should have for the bike that you haven't got, or put it towards some more tracktime for yourself.
Or failing that while on the subject of Shazaam maybe pay for his club membership (or maybe he should be a honorary member anyway) and get Pronto sent out to him.

Old 06-Mar-2005, 19:47
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Very decent of you Ruth but I didn't do it for a prize it was done for a bit of fun and because its something I try to do anyway.
I would rather you used the prize to get your self a decent paddock stand or what ever else you should have for the bike that you haven't got, or put it towards some more tracktime for yourself.
Or failing that while on the subject of Shazaam maybe pay for his club membership (or maybe he should be a honorary member anyway) and get Pronto sent out to him.

Oh Skidywids. That's so sweet. Well, I absolutely agree with paying for Shazaam membership. Chris Bushell said he thinks he may be an honorary member but there's no badge by his name. So yes, consider that done.

As for paddock stands - that's a done deal with Rattler
And track time - I'm doing that anyway with virtually all of me holiday for this year, apart from the days I need for a ride to Bologna in August.

I tell you what - let's put the balance of your cash prize (after paying the £25 membership for Shazaam) towards BBQ and a few wine boxes at TA4. What do you reckon?
Old 06-Mar-2005, 20:47
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
thanks for the mention -two very worthy winners-very usefull guys on the site -glad i got the opportunity to ask a few numpty questions- just one more question tho -wheres my little round ducati badge next to my name or is there some sort of secret initiation involved as well as parting with the best £25 ive spent all year?
Old 06-Mar-2005, 20:49
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
email to webteam@ducatisportingclub.com saying "Oi, where's my little ducati logo?!!" should do the trick.
You have to learn the hand-shake too.
Old 06-Mar-2005, 20:50
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by monstermob 998
thanks for the mention -two very worthy winners-very usefull guys on the site -glad i got the opportunity to ask a few numpty questions- just one more question tho -wheres my little round ducati badge next to my name or is there some sort of secret initiation involved as well as parting with the best £25 ive spent all year?

The initiation is secret ... that's why you don't know about it! :P Thanks for playing Monstermob. Judge Dickie was particularly impressed with your input, I believe. You might like to speak to him about that
Old 06-Mar-2005, 21:04
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
to be fair to everyone ruth i only sent the cheque off a fortnight ago -then there was a scare when lizzie's post was stolen and i realise that its all volunteers - a few,doing so much for so many( believe me ive been there)and i'm a patient sort of bloke any way-- but hey the best bit is now i have a sticker on the back of the carand on the screen of the bike!!!!! and when all my winter weekend commitments are finished i'll be able to meet a few of you out and about
Old 07-Mar-2005, 00:37
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
It is also a problem sometimes for Lizzie to match up Board names with peoples actual names on their membership forms. Sometimes a U2U or email will clear things up.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit