Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Nov-2006, 14:59
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
As winter approaches, my thoughts turn dirty ...

Oi! Not like that!

A guy at work regularly goes off-roading and another mate I know has an off-roader and they've both been trying to convince me to spend a bit of time in the dirt over christmas ... I've just been cruising the bay of e, as you do, and spotted a few of these bad boys:

I can't afford one at the moment but does anyone have anything good or bad to say about these or their equivalents in other marque's?
Old 06-Nov-2006, 15:09
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
You kinky pervert!
Old 06-Nov-2006, 15:16
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgbob44
You kinky pervert!

Shhh! My secret is out. ..

Just think of the endless possibilities
Old 06-Nov-2006, 15:38
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Only to say that unless you sign up with a bike club and get to do a bit of Enduro or MX the number of places you can offroad is pretty limited in the SE and getting smaller all the time...thanks to Janit Schtweet Portah and all her rambling fanatics.

My brother helps run an off-road club and finds it more and more difficult to get venues for Enduros and stuff.

I haven't done any green laning for years but I do remember doing the entire length of the Ridgeway many years ago. Don't know what the current situation is but you probably couldn't do it now

Oh and get ready to have forearm pump and feel like you've just played a game against the all blacks after a hour or so

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 06-Nov-2006, 15:52
Ducati Corse

Mood: Looking for a one way ticket to the 'Ring.
2 strokes with the on/off power are more draining to ride regarding concentration, whereas 4 strokes are smoother and easier to get on with as a novice offroader, that's what I found out when I went to Wales recently for a weekend training.
Road 250 and 400 KTM's and a couple of 200/250 2 strokes and prefered the 4's.
I was just as quick as my mate on his 250 2 stroke and felt more comfortable.
Old 06-Nov-2006, 16:00
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Have with agree with Jeff on the two strokers.

My cousin brought a KX250 Pro Circuit running on Av'gas. It was the most potent thing I've ever ridden, but it will make you a better rider in the end. A 4 stroke 125 will probably be better for the DD rider tho'

Andy
Old 06-Nov-2006, 16:02
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
Only to say that unless you sign up with a bike club and get to do a bit of Enduro or MX the number of places you can offroad is pretty limited in the SE and getting smaller all the time...thanks to Janit Schtweet Portah and all her rambling fanatics.

My brother helps run an off-road club and finds it more and more difficult to get venues for Enduros and stuff.

I haven't done any green laning for years but I do remember doing the entire length of the Ridgeway many years ago. Don't know what the current situation is but you probably couldn't do it now

Oh and get ready to have forearm pump and feel like you've just played a game against the all blacks after a hour or so

He`s right you know...

The whole of the Ridgeway is shut down to anything with an engine...

TP, where do your mates go off roading? I`ve been into the Idea for ages and bought a KTM Enduro/Supermoto for just that reason, it seemed as soon as I got it , they shut the Ridgeway down. (the Ridgeway was a legal offroad byway that ran for miles from Reading to oxford give or take a mile)
Old 06-Nov-2006, 16:05
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDaMauler
He`s right you know...

The whole of the Ridgeway is shut down to anything with an engine...

TP, where do your mates go off roading? I`ve been into the Idea for ages and bought a KTM Enduro/Supermoto for just that reason, it seemed as soon as I got it , they shut the Ridgeway down. (the Ridgeway was a legal offroad byway that ran for miles from Reading to oxford give or take a mile)

Bugger!

I'm not actually sure where they go to be honest. I've just been chatting to couchie and if I can get my poo together he's going to teah me how to wheelie

I love bikes me, what a load of fun!

WOOHOO!!!!!
Old 06-Nov-2006, 16:16
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Move up here, we'll show you a dirty time

I haven't done any off roading for a year or so. Got half decent at trail riding and following Couch up stupidly big slopes, then hurt myself bad and went right back to square one. It can be fun, it can be frustrating and it will definitely involve pain at some point If I can hoist the front wheel up on a 15bhp Serow I'm sure anyone can manage to squeeze a little wheelie out of an off roader
Old 06-Nov-2006, 16:42
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
it hurts!!

alot!!

even when you don't fall off!!

But great fun and worth it, but very limited as to where you can ride, particularly in the south east.

I would book an offroad weekend or get some mates to let you have a go first then find out if you would get the use from it first. Also need to consider if you would get a road legal bike or a motox bike as you will need to think about transport (van/trailer) if the later.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit