Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-May-2006, 15:53
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
TP

How about you take me round cadwell for the day at the DSC track day....show me how it is done and then i can see if the course works..??...

im serious and genuine.?

Phil

well what do you think TP.....im faster than these wannabe's on this thread.. i have beaten them all......

If you can help me then deffo the CSS can help them...????

Phil
Old 24-May-2006, 15:58
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally posted by domski
Look, I've no doubt that Andy has helped Tom - otherwise he wouldn't still be there would he.

My point was just that everyone was making out that CSS was responsible for Luthi being so fast.

My personal view, looking at the available evidence (I think I've investigated more than most - I'll assume that though) is that Tom was already fast before. Maybe Andy just helped him stop crashing - who knows? Nobody can answer that, not even Tom or Andy, coz we'd never know what would have happened had they not met.

[Edited on 24-5-2006 by domski]

Based upon some email and phone call disscussions with Andy, i can tell you that Andy can tell you in quite concise detail what was wrong with Luthi's riding and how he improved him, so much so that when Luthi rang Andy and told him he'd qualified badly, Andy could tell me why and what corner before Luthi even told him...

he was actually correct.

It was to do at that time with 'blind' corners and picking out observation markers for positioning and braking/turning.
Old 24-May-2006, 16:00
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Quote:
TP

How about you take me round cadwell for the day at the DSC track day....show me how it is done and then i can see if the course works..??...

im serious and genuine.?

Phil

well what do you think TP.....im faster than these wannabe's on this thread.. i have beaten them all......

Phil

Does that mean it will make me younger
As I use to be faster as a young stupid idiot of a teenager, just an old plodder now that i'm well into my 40s
Old 24-May-2006, 16:02
500SD

Mood: Pretty good considering....
You are missing the point, Phil. What you do on track starts with practising what you've been taught in the classroom. Following someone round isn't going to help without having been taught something before you get out there.
Old 24-May-2006, 16:05
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
Quote:
Look, I've no doubt that Andy has helped Tom - otherwise he wouldn't still be there would he.

My point was just that everyone was making out that CSS was responsible for Luthi being so fast.

My personal view, looking at the available evidence (I think I've investigated more than most - I'll assume that though) is that Tom was already fast before. Maybe Andy just helped him stop crashing - who knows? Nobody can answer that, not even Tom or Andy, coz we'd never know what would have happened had they not met.

Based upon some email and phone call disscussions with Andy, i can tell you that Andy can tell you in quite concise detail what was wrong with Luthi's riding and how he improved him, so much so that when Luthi rang Andy and told him he'd qualified badly, Andy could tell me why and what corner before Luthi even told him...

he was actually correct.

It was to do at that time with 'blind' corners and picking out observation markers for positioning and braking/turning.

So Tom Luthi would never have won a world title if he hadn't been coached by Andy?
Old 24-May-2006, 16:06
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Never done any track tuition let alone a CSS course but I can see distinct advantages to those that can learn to analyse their riding technique and timing.
How can you consistently brake later into a corner, turn in faster and get the power on earlier if you don't know where or when you were doing those things to start with? Granted there are other options out there but CSS (Andy Ibbott specifically) is extremely good at getting the message across to the point where you can improve yourself. As to value for money, that's a very personal concept depending on how much dosh you have to start with and what the perceived benefits are.
I'm in a sort of chicken and egg situation, I can afford to race or I can afford CSS and a couple of trackdays, I cannot afford to do all that so I'll stick with the racing for now.

Some road skills ARE transferable to the track and vice versa. Smoothness learnt on cold, wet, slippery winter roads can translate into faster laptimes in a wet race as much as confidence in the bike and your own abilities learnt on the track can help you concentrate less on those aspects of your riding and more on your surroundings on the road.
Old 24-May-2006, 16:08
Big Twin

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
Quote:

he was actually correct.

So Tom Luthi would never have won a world title if he hadn't been coached by Andy?

God knows mate... i'm just trying to answer the questions viable.... not complete conjecture.
Old 24-May-2006, 16:10
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
Never done any track tuition let alone a CSS course but I can see distinct advantages to those that can learn to analyse their riding technique and timing.
How can you consistently brake later into a corner, turn in faster and get the power on earlier if you don't know where or when you were doing those things to start with? Granted there are other options out there but CSS (Andy Ibbott specifically) is extremely good at getting the message across to the point where you can improve yourself. .

i used Braking markers both before and after the course.
Old 24-May-2006, 16:12
Mille

Quote:
Quote:
TP

im serious and genuine.?

Phil

Phil

well, speaking on behalf of the polished turds here I would have to ask why would you want to pend £'s on improving your riding if your already winning consistantly?

Surely any training would have to be in the context of objectives, not just for the sake of?
Old 24-May-2006, 16:15
Big Twin

He;'s winning in DD... bsically it's like being the champion Window Licker at school

p.s i'm leaving for Milan now... you boys can figght the rest out amongst yourselves.... cya.