Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Feb-2005, 16:38
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by m1keyp
http://www.calamander.co.uk/luggage/ventura/ventura.htm

Are the UK distributor

I think you'll find the UK distributor are Motohaus in Hampshire and calamander are just a stockist unless they have become the importer in the last month or so.

www.motohaus.com

JohnW if you've fitted a single seat subframe you will need the single seat kit, but the fittings vary for alloy or steel subframes. i.e. different part number for 998S mono steel subframe D013/B and998S mono alloy subframe D006/B

I have the Ventura catalogue if you need to check or contact Ventura direct in New Zealand (search on Google, they are very helpful)

If you have a single seat on a Bip subframe i'd check with ventura themselves to be sure.

[Edited on 22-2-2005 by BDG]
Old 22-Feb-2005, 16:44
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
with the racks, can they be turned around so the rack part faces forwards (i.e. shift the weight closer to rider) ?
Or can they only be mounted one way.

Mikey, which bag is that on the back of your bike in your avatar ?

Cheers,
John.
Old 22-Feb-2005, 16:45
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Quote:
Originally posted by John W
with the racks, can they be turned around so the rack part faces forwards (i.e. shift the weight closer to rider) ?
Or can they only be mounted one way.
[...]
Cheers,
John.

They can mounted either way on my Bip, depending on whether you have a pillion on board or not.
Old 22-Feb-2005, 16:52
500SD

John

The big black pack is the aero spada, the red one is the sport pack.

Don't get red as it shows every mark and soon looks C**p
Old 22-Feb-2005, 16:53
500SD

Sorry if I gave the wrong distributor
Old 22-Feb-2005, 17:06
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Thanks for the offer to look in the catalog BDG.

I have a single seat on the bip frame. Just rang calamander and he told me the 998 mono/bip are the same as the 996 bip. The 996 mono is different, as is the 998s.

Mikey, I was interested to hear which pack you had as the web sites give no size details (except volume).
I'm hoping to fit an oxford tail pack to the rack with its bungees. At least that way it won't mark the paint on the seat unit. The tank bag on the bike in my avatar is a bit bulky when full, so trying to sort out an alternative.

Think I'll order the sport rack and brackets and see how I get on.

Cheers,
John.
p.s. BDG, prefered your other avatar

[Edited on 22-2-2005 by John W]
Old 22-Feb-2005, 17:36
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Don't bother trying to bungee with any old bag - get the proper Ventura bag as it is so much easier to use.

It slides over the frame with the special pocket in the back, which means it's not moving anywhere. Then you simply do up two clips and it then won't be able to be taken off at all.

When you get there, undo two clips and lift up by the handle and you're away! No arsing around with bungees and straps or anything - it's been really well designed, thought about and probably a whole load of testing done to make it the perfect product it is.

Details of the DSC members discount is on the main menu bar, in the products/discounts section, or here for short:
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/DynamicPage.php3?M=7

Quote:

Note for DSC Members

MOTOHAUS MARKETING, importers of Ventura Luggage and Muc-Off cleaning products are offering DSC members a 15% discount on proof of membership, this will cover all products in their range which also includes the "Optimate" battery charger.

To order email sales@motohaus.com quoting your name and membership number along with a contact phone number so that they can call you back to take your credit card details. This saves you having to send your details on email.
Old 22-Feb-2005, 18:12
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Shonky,

I have the Ventura kit on my '01 748R. Don't go for anything else in my view.

When buying the L-brackets make sure you get the one's for the R/SPS version. They are different between the BIP and R models due to the single seats sitting higher up than those on the BIP. If you get the BIP L-brackets by mistake, you'll find your pack rack / sport rack will be in contact with your seat unit and scuff the hell out of it before you get to Folkstone.

There is no better system for the 748/99* models. Ditto the coments on using the proper Ventura bags to. Gravity is a wonderful phenomenon, use it rather than bungee cords.
Old 15-Jun-2005, 18:26

Mood: :)
Shonky.

Did you buy the luggage system in the end? I have also got a 748R and was just curious to see how you got on with it.

Regards

Jake
Old 01-Jul-2005, 19:16

Mood: :)

Just to let you all know, that thanks to this forum I have now invested £230 of my hard earned cash on a Ventura luggage system. Although I had to mess around removing the exhausts and trim I was finally chuffed to see how well this thing was made. I have a 2003 748R and it fits a treat.

Jake.