Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Jun-2005, 19:31
Big Twin

SUSPENSION help setting up please

Ive changed the forks on my 916 track bike now and have showas fitted, i would normally pop it round to my usual source to set up the damping appropritely and get any advice, but they cant do it before Brands on Monday,

im not much use where suspension set up is concerned, but i can tell that the forks seem sticky, and need looking at, im less concerned about the rear.

is there anyone who really knows what they are doing that can take a look for me before Brands on monday

having bought the 916 to do my track days on if i cant get it sorted the only option will be to use the 996R. sods law says thats asking for crash when there is potentialy a good track bike at hand.

if no one can help, does anyone know the std no of clicks
for rebound and compression, this may help im just a bit worried that they seem sticky, and am concerned they may need new oil perhaps?
Old 30-Jun-2005, 20:28
Montjuic

Mood: Fannytastic
Louigi Moto will be on hand at Brands hatch Monday 4th complete with Ducati spares and a suspension clinic to sort out your Ill handling bike. The hardest bit will be trying to find us!
Rich
Old 30-Jun-2005, 20:31
Big Twin

any chance i can book a slot with you nice and early monday am, coz i wont risk riding it on track how it is
Old 30-Jun-2005, 20:51
Montjuic

Mood: Fannytastic
No problem Bungi, find us in one of the garages and you can be first in the que. We are bringing the "bling" fleet which consists of a metalflake silver 748, metalflake gold 996, metalflake black 748 and Domski's Desmo Due racer.
Rich
Old 30-Jun-2005, 21:54
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Louigi,

I might be down for you to give it a quick once over, got some front end feel problems at the moment, just got back from using K-Techs settings on the front, so will give that a go, and if I'm still not happy I'll come and pay you guys a visit.

I'll pop in and say hello anyways, if I'm with the bike you'll know why!!

[Edited on 30-6-2005 by JPM]
Old 30-Jun-2005, 22:21
Ducati Corse

When i bought my ST2 it felt like this, infact i thought the forks were bent. Turned out to be way to much compression damping. I dont think an oil problem would give the symptoms you are experiencing.
Old 01-Jul-2005, 00:27
Dibble

book me in Domski ....
Old 01-Jul-2005, 00:45
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
book me in Domski ....

I don't think they stock JCB springs
Old 01-Jul-2005, 09:12
Big Twin

Rich,

Book me in too, more for peace of mind than anything. Since having the suspension rebuilt I been constantly fiddling, and just want to be sure I've not done anything stupid.

It feels OK, but for all I know I could have set stuff on the front to mask a problem at the rear....