Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Jul-2005, 21:46
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
998 Hybrid almost finished time for the 996

Now that the 998 Hybrid is up and about with only a few minor mods waiting to be done (Ohlins forks fitted Yesterday) It is now time to get on with the 996, so I spent this afternoon adding a few bits.

I do like the 54mm Exhaust
Old 01-Jul-2005, 21:50
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
No pics of the hybrid Kev
Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:03
MotoGP God

Jon, Here's one from Yesterday after I fitted the forks.

Just spoken to my mate.
Footpegs are £30 for 4, he is delivering some to me tomorrow including anodised samples, I can bring some to Brands on Monday, also doing ones with 8mm thread for Giles rearsets
Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:34
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Very nice Kev, wrong colour, but otherwise lovely. Any chance of seeing her on track in the near future?

Ali
Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:50
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Just spoken to my mate.
Footpegs are £30 for 4, he is delivering some to me tomorrow including anodised samples, I can bring some to Brands on Monday

Kev,

I guess these are for DP style rearsets? If they are I'll take some off you at Brands, as I'm building up the "just in case" box.
Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:59
MotoGP God

Cheers for the comments Ali, I was originally thinking of bringing the Hybrid to Brands, but after riding it with the front end that came with it I decided that wasn't a option. That front end gave me no confidence under braking and would have detracted from my first experience of the GP circuit.
Now with the Ohlins forks fitted it is a lot better and with some minor tweaking will be fit for the track. As such I am hoping to put the track bodywork on it for Cadwell on the 25th, I just need to get the time off work as when I booked it we had a different shift pattern at work and moe staff.
But I hope to be there with both the Hybrid and the DD bike and hopefully staying off the grass at hall bends.
Although the 998 Hybid is well suited for the track with the Mag arm, matching linkage and shock the 996 is to take over from my 916 as my main run around road and track bike. it already has a longer arm fitted and will soon have the reworked forks from my 916 fitted along with adjustable offset yokes, mag wheels, FBF slipper clutch and various other goodies.

My reasons for doing DD on a budget are paying off as it is allowing me to sort my other toys out..

Once the 996 is finished I think I will have to get on with the 955, although the 996 will take a little while yet as I am still wondering about things like what injection set up to use, the standard twin 50mm injectors off the 996BP or will I be able to fit the 748R shower injectors and the airbox that goes with it.
Old 01-Jul-2005, 23:02
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_S
Kev,
I guess these are for DP style rearsets? If they are I'll take some off you at Brands, as I'm building up the "just in case" box.

the footpegs are the same as on my Harris rearsets in the 996 pics, these bolt to the bit that has the eccentric adjustment. I have been talking to my mate to see about getting a eccentric convertor made that these pegs will then bolt to just as they do on the Harris setup.

Edited to add a poor quality pic of the Harris setup

[Edited on 1-7-2005 by skidlids]
Old 01-Jul-2005, 23:29
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Nice Kev, I've a soft spot for yellow ones.
Old 02-Jul-2005, 02:24
Dibble

ooooh, Kev, pegs for Harris rearsets ...... count me in ...
Old 02-Jul-2005, 06:59
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
Nice work !!!