Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 23-Feb-2004, 13:20
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
v man

ive just read you posts WOW !!!!!!!

i'm head strong

But you mate

take the ****....

cant wait too meet you!

There are some good lads and gals on here !

and all you have done is take the ****

Think i will take a ride down your "20" in the sumer ! if i can get my invalid car started as at 44 i must have been doing sommat wrong in my riding! (why) because i'm still riding

the point most of you have missed some people have got it !!
and some people will never have it (instinct)

v man you have obviously got more than you need !!!!!!!!!!

Tossa ......... give me a call when you wanna meet
regards MAD MAV
Old 23-Feb-2004, 15:04
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Hey Guys,

I think we're all being more than a little harsh on Vman.

Anybody who has his choice of four wheeled transport and his attitude is more deserving of our compassion than criticism. A more illustrative example of the abject failure of this government's "Care in the Community" initiative would be hard to find.

By the way Vman I should warn you that the web-site at foot of MadMav's post is neither a pictorial nor editorial celebration of what perhaps many hairdressers more normally engage in as a hobby!
Old 23-Feb-2004, 15:57
Ducati Corse

Oh by The way

TOSSA !!

means
TODAY
OBSERVE
SPEED
SKILL
AWARENESS

just incase you thought i was offering someone out!!!!!!!!!
Old 23-Feb-2004, 17:35
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by vman1000cc

On track training, you get tought to corner WELL.
They teach you to gun it up 2 a corner, chuck it in THEN.....The instructor (while you are mid lean/almost knee down) will step out in front of you , put his hand up and you have to emergency stop And you F**KING DO STOP!!!!
Thats just one of the drills.

And as you mention`d earlier you dont have any experiance of Track training, I recomend you get some,Then...come back and talk about it....

Thanx

Van

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by vman1000cc]

I've done CSS

Gunning it up to a corner? No...just the opposite in fact, getting your braking, entry speed and turn in points sorted

Step out on you mid corner for an emergency stop? Er nope....haven't been taught that at CSS either.

Mind you, I've only done levels 1, 2 and 3. Perhaps I need to wait until level 4 for all that.
Old 23-Feb-2004, 18:36
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
wow this is good!!
go on vman say summit else
i wouldn't let that mav talk to you like that, go on use your wit on him
and what about that jools, level 3 indeed!! big show off.
Old 23-Feb-2004, 18:39
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Nice one Glynn, Cracked up when i read that you evil person

Where's KB to do a bit more agitating

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by bigdaftgeordie]
Old 23-Feb-2004, 19:05
Ducati Corse

HEY luckywhiteheather

YOU leave my RING out of this !!!!!!!!!!
Old 23-Feb-2004, 20:03
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Have i missed something with Fiat punto's?
Old 24-Feb-2004, 21:59
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...

Shame this has gone so far off topic

I'm an observer at WVAM who are the Wey Valley branch of IAM that meet at Ripley.
CK, sorry you found it cliquey, how long ago did you go ?
You might find things have changed now.
You could also be surprised at just how many of us have dukes, just they don't always come out for the observing

On the track training front, last week we had Andy Ibbot and his sidekick Johnny 'the *******' (well that's what they called him when I did my Cali track days ) give a talk at our club night.

He conceded that some of what they teach is not applicable to road riding, but things such as wideview can help.

For those that have never been to a meet, IAM are not all barbour suited bmw or pan riders. around 80% of the bikes are sports or sports tourers. You are right that there are lots of Viffers, but that's cos as a club they do lots of touring trips, and the viffer is perfect for these (er, ask me how I know ). I should add these trips are graded on, well, speed of progress ranging from steady to advanced. fyi advanced is 996 against the stop in some circumstances

Closing comment is that passing the IAM Advanced test or getting Rospa Gold still won't help in some circumstances (we get it wrong occasinally too) but it will help you become more aware of the hazards enabling you to 'make progress' safer.
Sorry, I'll leave it there. Lecture over. If you want to know more U2U me or come along to a meet

Cheers,
John.
Old 25-Feb-2004, 12:04
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I have found my racing has helped restore my confidence on the road as it has allowed me to explore the limits of my own abilities and those of the bike and tyres in a fairly safe enviroment.
After decades on the roads I have built up a good awareness of what is happening around me, but following a few accidents, one resulting in a broken fema and another in fractured and crushed vertabrae I found my confidence had taken a knock. This really highlighted itself when out riding with the same mates that I had been riding with for the past 15 years, suddenly I wasn't prepared to follow them through corners at the same speed as I use to prior to the accidents and found I was getting in the way of those following behind me to the point where I would wave them through. They were all very understanding and never moaned about having to wait for me.
It was myself that wasn't happy with the way I was riding so I decided I needed to do something about it. As I was already spannering for a couple of them at Club races it made sense for me to have a go myself. My first race meeting I did 4 races finished last in 3 of them and next to last in the other thanks to the guy in front running of the track and rejoining behind me. I am glad to say that I have improved since thenbut still do not consider myself fast on the race track as my survival instinct governs my corner speed although I do get it wrong sometimes and up up on the floor but at least I can put my finger on why I crashed, more often than not I made a mistake usually riding beyond my limits.
All this has restored my confidence in what a bike is able to do so when coupled with my experience of decades of reading the roads it allows me to ride the roads faster than I did a few years back, althogh I still believe I'm not as fast as when I was a reckless teenager, thankfully there was know where near as much traffic around in those days so all the silly crashes on roundabouts etc I walked away from ( would have been less if they had folding footpegs in those days and if Avon SMs had more grip)

So yes riding on the track can help your road riding, but there are a lot of differences between the two and certain elements have to be seperated out. As I have explained to people just starting racing they know how to ride a bike they now have to learn to race and as Weeksy found out this can be a painful lesson, it took me a while and one day I may get it right.
Main thing is ride safe and enjoy yourself no matter where you ride or what your riding

Kev

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit