Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Jul-2005, 12:49
Montjuic

Mood: got to be a worry.....!
Tyres

I need a new rear tyre for my 748 to replace my Pirelli Dragon.

any suggestions/price/easy of getting hold of?

I am not required to change the front tyre (also a Dragon), and I have no plans to do a huge amount of mileage on track days.

Cheers
Old 07-Jul-2005, 12:54
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I'd recommend a Pirelli Diablo for you then.

Nice tyre, plenty of grip and mileage.
Old 07-Jul-2005, 13:06
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
We have recently done a suspension clinic with Francis Williamson (ex BSB) and having riden several 748 ,s ,he preferred the" feel " and "feedback " which he got from Bridgestone 010's which have just been upgraded i believe. But as allways,it's a personal choice.
Old 07-Jul-2005, 13:25
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
Sorry,i didn't read your question propely,you really shouldn't mix front and rear to much to will have to be a pirelli tyre,try Diablo's.But with that everso low profile front tyre,there might be lots of tread left in the middle but check the profile on side,if they resemble the himaliyas then the handling will suffer badly.

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by Stu748R]
Old 07-Jul-2005, 23:22
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
yep another singing the praises with 010's bit slow to turn in but very surefooted on the road. the new 014's are no way near as nice and confidence inspiring. i actually prefered the old 012's to the new 014's.
sadly most of the 010's are gone so am also looking to try something else and defect from bridgestone.
also got 010's on the RC30 and they seem to suit these older bikes so damn well.
Just put new 090 pro's on my RGV and they just get better and better and again suit the little light 250.
i am thinking of trying sportec M1's next for the 916 but i use the bike in all kinds of weather so i hope they are good.
The worst tyres i have ever tried are 207's no idea why they felt so bad but on 2 bikes i have had them on i ripped them off while new and slung them. felt damn right dangerous and that was in the dry, rode once in the wet on them and that was something i dont care to try again in the interests of self preservation.
each to our own and preferences i guess
Old 07-Jul-2005, 23:36
Big Twin

Diablo mate everytime
Old 08-Jul-2005, 15:59
Montjuic

Mood: got to be a worry.....!
Went for the Diablo from Tyreman.

ordered yesterday, arrived today, top draw service and price.

cheers.
Old 08-Jul-2005, 19:20

Anybody tried all Pirelli Diablo range ie;Diablo, Corsa and SuperCorsa. I am also at the stage of slinging on a new set of hoops and was wondering what the concensus is. I have also had 996 riders recently swear by Michelin Pilot Sports etc Can we have some feedback. I am generally A/B road type riding with the odd track day.

[Edited on 8-7-2005 by M55Russ]
Old 08-Jul-2005, 19:35
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by M55Russ
Anybody tried all Pirelli Diablo range ie;Diablo, Corsa and SuperCorsa. I am also at the stage of slinging on a new set of hoops and was wondering what the concensus is. I have also had 996 riders recently swear by Michelin Pilot Sports etc Can we have some feedback. I am generally A/B road type riding with the odd track day.

[Edited on 8-7-2005 by M55Russ]

I have ridden on Diablo's, Diablo Corsa's and Supercorsa's.

They are all grippy, the standard Diablo is grippy and the rest just keep on getting grippier! More grip than you can eat! Obviously Supercorsa's are super sticky but I guess this is going to depend on what you want from your tyre.

Do you commute? Do you want max mileage? Or is fast road riding only plus the odd trackday? If it's the latter I would recommend the Diablo Corsa. Oodles of grip - just ask Dommy

If you want the best wet performance I'd go for the standard Diablo.

I've never ridden on the Michelins so can't help there sorry.
Old 08-Jul-2005, 20:49

I put diablo's on mine recently after having corsa dragons,what a difference.I got mine done at FWR in London(nr Elephant & Castle),rode in and out in about 45 mins.Good price too,£200 for the pair fitted and balanced.