Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Jan-2006, 08:14
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Dammit Dom! Why'd you have to pick THAT result sheet? I still can't belive I let the old perv' beat me by 0.2" in that race
Old 12-Jan-2006, 10:04
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
So on a bike with 14bhp more you managed to beat PHil by 12 seconds... not a lot really is it....
Old 12-Jan-2006, 10:08
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Whilst i do see a certain amount of logic, surely the plan should be to allow 583 riders who are prepared to comitt to a full season of 583 and 620 into the class.

Then they are full mmebers of the 620 class and therfore not taking away someone else's championship positions but gaining them for themselves ?

Do you feel the same about Hodgson and Walker in WSB at Donington park in 2000 ? Hodsgon and Walker taking Chilli on the last lap ffor victory and taking him from 25 points to 16...... Was that also wrong ?

How about Olivier Jacque in the rain last season on the Kwakka ?

Or even down as far as Shakey getting the Camel ride ?

After all they were not competing in their own series/class... should they have been allowed to score points ?
Old 12-Jan-2006, 10:15
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
i really dont think its an issue. as dom says, no one who is any good; ie really bothered about their points haul; will be affected by any 583s in the 620 grid. they simply wont be near them. as for other near the back of the grid, they will most likely welcome the competion.

if the DD rules allow 583 into the 620's i assume all 620 entrants will be given priority by new era as i believe SOT guys were over DD'ers at brands?
Old 12-Jan-2006, 10:25
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
i really dont think its an issue. as dom says, no one who is any good; ie really bothered about their points haul; will be affected by any 583s in the 620 grid. they simply wont be near them. as for other near the back of the grid, they will most likely welcome the competion.

if the DD rules allow 583 into the 620's i assume all 620 entrants will be given priority by new era as i believe SOT guys were over DD'ers at brands?

I believe thats true m8...and fair...

i dunno what all the fuss is about ..i mean how many 583's are actually going to enter the 620 class....
Old 12-Jan-2006, 10:31
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
..i mean how many 583's are actually going to enter the 620 class....

Depends if it's raining
Old 12-Jan-2006, 10:33
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
My only issue with it is the race order if a 620 race is directly before the 583 race I can see it getting used as not only extra practice but also used for warming the tyres. And if one starts doing it so will a few others.

Dom in that result sheet at least my best lap was only just under 4 secs slower than yours, shows how much difference the traffic makes starting futher down the grid compared to starting on the front row.
Also notice I was only less than 2.5 secs behind the bike you previosly rode in the series and actually had a faster lap.
Old 12-Jan-2006, 10:42
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
regarding race order. from a personal point of view it would also be nice if there were a reasonable gap ( 3 races?) between 620 and 583 to enable us to watch the other series.
Old 12-Jan-2006, 11:01
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
regarding race order. from a personal point of view it would also be nice if there were a reasonable gap ( 3 races?) between 620 and 583 to enable us to watch the other series.

LOL..once again i agree.....its gonna be great to watch the other race............

I was going to enter my 583 in the 620 class..but in hindsight i have decided to pull my entry and i will use SoT instead....As it has been mentioned my main concern was taking away valuable points from the battling 620's and we all know how important points are ! so i now see it as unfair...

POINTS means PWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZES........

Old 12-Jan-2006, 11:11
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Can we go race yet? I'm getting tired of all this bawlshit!!!!