Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 28-Sep-2003, 20:22

749 electrics/Ducati Recovery

Beware Ducati Electrics as dodgy as ever, out riding last Sunday when engine block light came on, didn't think too much as it sometimes comes whilst riding clutch at junctions etc. However got to Salisbury, parked bike up switched it off and gave it a few minutes to calm down but wouldn't start again !Eventually the wife bought my master keys out and i attempted to reset the system.no joy.
Phoned Ducati assistance who put the AA on to me, they said it would be a couple of hours so i sat and waited. AA phoned back and said they had no recovery available so best thing i could do was to park my bike get a taxi home (15 miles) and they would collect the bike in the morning...Sod that i waited 5 1/2 got picked up in the end and got the bike to garage for fixing.
The fault was a chaffed wire i the electrical harness, a fault found in a few new bikes, so beware or have an epic