Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Apr-2005, 19:59
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:
Originally posted by bradders
looking and listening to all these 'last minute' issues, I am kinda glad I havent entered this year. No way would I have the time to chop and change at such a late stage.

Come on MT, get the rules out or at least tell people to use the ACU regs, or you are risking spoiling all this before it starts!

I know its not easy and thers lost of decision and stuff to make, but thats not a valid reason to stall for so long.

As a member, I am worried that this is taking all the time you have and it is still not done. Is anything else happening in the club?

I don't totally agree - there really isn't any "chopping and changing" of the rules going on, its just that as final preparations are going on for racing that we've still got 2 weeks for - we are trying to ensure our bikes are ready.

The rules apply differently to different bikes, ie - the rules for oil catchtank on a SS mean different things on a Monster - the rules cannot be expected to cater for all bike, but we are all seeking clarification for our own particular models. This is enevitable and expected I believe.

We could (and should) be sending these questions off to the desmodue email address for official responses, but these are shared on here in the hope that someone else knows the answers first.

Tim

and I think thats it good that it is tim, cause if you aint racing there is no info and nothing to know what you might let yourself in for.

As for the chopping and changing, I have heard enough 'discussions' to give me an impression there have been, or at least rules changes which may have affected those who signed up if they had known.

Of course I know the peolpe involved are probably working flat out to remidy this, but, and I wont apologise for this, I still do not understand the secret squirrel way in which it has all been done. In my view it is unneccesary and *may* cause some division between those in the know and those who arent. And all this does is leave others wondering whats happening.

Just because we are not racing, doesnt mean we're not interested

however, I will apologise for taking this off thread.....
Old 17-Apr-2005, 20:05
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Who is this "Desmo Due Regis Confusion" ?

Do we have a WSB ringer in amongst us
Old 17-Apr-2005, 20:12
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
sorry AK/CK, - just trying to help, - the word cheating was not meant as cheating more relating the DD rules rather than the ACU ones. I will get my coat...... not my place to enter into this really.
Old 17-Apr-2005, 20:38
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
No probs Ian

Its just like Rattler says really, just trying to clear things up more speedily here

C
Old 18-Apr-2005, 22:57
Mille

Rules clarification

It is unfortunate that no-one from the racing committee has replied to this thread in my absence and I apologise for this delay. I do believe that this has been stirred up a little as there are fairly simple clarifications to be made to the points raised which are as on the attached document.

I also apologise that the revised rules have not been issued. The rules are being updated to take account of a small number of minor amendments and comments following the AGM DD meeting, as follows:

- compression limit omitted
- control levers - to allow any
- batteries to allow later gel ones
- clarification re upgrade to 620 twin discs ... it is allowed
- tyres as you know, Pirelli Diablo control tyres (no wets or warmers)
- points as agreed at the agm
- eligibility rules (to discourage trophy hunters!)

and will be issued in the next few days.

As before, please send any queries to desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com

[Edited on 18-4-2005 by mw]
Old 18-Apr-2005, 23:07
Mille

and another thing !

new era have arranged, as most of us are novices, for all the dd bikes to be scrutineered on the saturday afternoon before the first race on sunday.
as the scrutineers will not be as busy (usually only needing to look at crashed bikes at this time of day!), this allows for a fairly leisurely review of the bikes in a less pressured environment compared with on the morning of the race and will allow some time for tinkering should this be needed.
Old 18-Apr-2005, 23:09
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by mw

- batteries to allow later gel ones

Well I didn't know about that !
Old 19-Apr-2005, 00:22
Ducati Corse

Well, we\'re all wiser now ...

... cheers Mike, and well done on your marathon run