Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 19-Dec-2005, 16:58
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
so its all change since the last email on 1/12/05 then Chris

to quote part of it:

"Representation has been made to the Race Committee that rather than start at the end of March, we should start the series at Brands Hatch in April........To make up for the change in the 1st Cadwell race now being non-points scoring, we are looking at making Snetterton a 2 day meeting with three races (one long and two short) over that weekend"

Bit of a difference from mid late April, to 1st March, particularly as there are only 7 qualifying rounds.

Any reason we now need to be ready to start so early?
Old 19-Dec-2005, 17:06
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Charlotte,

Regardless of when we actually start racing the 1st of March is a good date for everyone to be ready for the season, get some track days in or whatever.

If anyone of the 62 entrants wishes to be choose not to be ready for the 1st of March then it doesn't make any difference to me. However if they were to say decide not to be ready until the 3rd week in April and then the new callendar starts on the 2nd weekend in April, they cannot turn round and blame anyone other than themselves for not being ready.

Anyway the 1st of March has a nice ring to it and we know that we will not start before then!
Old 19-Dec-2005, 17:06
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally posted by AK and CK

Yeh we're going to Knockhill
Old 19-Dec-2005, 17:08
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
I wish to point out that the invasion of Scotland is still only a wild ambition at this point in time, which may well remain unfullfilled for some years!
Old 19-Dec-2005, 17:09
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by couchcommando
Quote:
Originally posted by AK and CK

Yeh we're going to Knockhill

what happened to Philip Island then

:P
Old 19-Dec-2005, 18:17
Mille

Chris is correct that the dates for next year are all provisional and may change so being prepared for March 1st isn't a bad idea (although it seems a bit early in the year to me !) .... but just to explain a little more on the voting .... to date I understand that there was little response to Chris's last
invitation to revisit the question regarding making it a points scoring round, presumably because most people felt that commenting/voting the first time was enough!

New Era are aware that the intention behind putting it on as a
non-scoring round is to give those that want to (particularly the new entrants) a chance to race without making it 'compulsory'.

The idea was not to force novices or relatively inexperienced racers to race in the more than likely cold and wet conditions of Cadwell in March, on control tyres and in a limited seven meeting 'stepping stone' race series when starting in april was an equally viable option.

The New Era Cadwell event is going ahead with or without a full DD grid (or indeed any DD grid) so I would have thought that they would appreciate some entrants rather than none .... it's just that as it stands at the moment it will not be part of the championship although there are moves to try to make it a 'special' with some form of sponsorship to make it more appealing.

hope this helps to explain what's going on.
Old 19-Dec-2005, 18:59
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Thanks MW. If Cadwell is not pointrs scoring then I won't be there.
For the sake of those that are booking ferry crossings and accommodation, I take it that the Assen round is a fixed date and not one of those listed as "provisional"?
Old 19-Dec-2005, 19:02
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Seems to me that if a full grid's required, it'd need to be a scorer, so best make an Assen of it

Now go and warm up that spreadsheet.

Tim
Old 21-Dec-2005, 12:30
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally posted by mw
Chris is correct that the dates for next year are all provisional and may change so being prepared for March 1st isn't a bad idea (although it seems a bit early in the year to me !) .... but just to explain a little more on the voting .... to date I understand that there was little response to Chris's last
invitation to revisit the question regarding making it a points scoring round, presumably because most people felt that commenting/voting the first time was enough!

New Era are aware that the intention behind putting it on as a
non-scoring round is to give those that want to (particularly the new entrants) a chance to race without making it 'compulsory'.

The idea was not to force novices or relatively inexperienced racers to race in the more than likely cold and wet conditions of Cadwell in March, on control tyres and in a limited seven meeting 'stepping stone' race series when starting in april was an equally viable option.

The New Era Cadwell event is going ahead with or without a full DD grid (or indeed any DD grid) so I would have thought that they would appreciate some entrants rather than none .... it's just that as it stands at the moment it will not be part of the championship although there are moves to try to make it a 'special' with some form of sponsorship to make it more appealing.

hope this helps to explain what's going on.

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't around when the vote was cast so missed the reasons.
I would have thought a better way would have been all UK rounds points scoring with the option to drop one from the final tally and have Assen as a fun race. This gives one UK race as non pressure as required. I'd have thought Assen was better as non championship as we have a mixed grid. On the mixed grid you will get 583 riders being held up in corners by 620's passing them on the straights, this makes for very frustrated riders especially as it's for points.
I know it's prob too late to change it and we will be doing them all regardless.
Old 21-Dec-2005, 12:49
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by couchcommando
Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't around when the vote was cast so missed the reasons.
I would have thought a better way would have been all UK rounds points scoring with the option to drop one from the final tally and have Assen as a fun race. This gives one UK race as non pressure as required. I'd have thought Assen was better as non championship as we have a mixed grid. On the mixed grid you will get 583 riders being held up in corners by 620's passing them on the straights, this makes for very frustrated riders especially as it's for points.
I know it's prob too late to change it and we will be doing them all regardless.

Hear, hear