Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Mar-2012, 21:10
Mille

Cheers all. Hopefully it brings back good memories for some, and even better if it inspires others.

I'm past feeling sorry for myself and putting myself down... Onwards and upwards now!! Same with the whole "being lapped" issue... I know its the passing riders responsibility, and wasn't having a go at anyone for close passing to be clear. It was just a bit of a shock, but a part of racing!

And Kev, a few people over on UKMOC are drooling over #16 you'll be glad to know
Old 15-Mar-2012, 21:11
Bikes: SS600 & a couple of classic japs

Mood: mines always good its the rest of 'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo
Cheers all. Hopefully it brings back good memories for some, and even better if it inspires others.

I'm past feeling sorry for myself and putting myself down... Onwards and upwards now!! Same with the whole "being lapped" issue... I know its the passing riders responsibility, and wasn't having a go at anyone for close passing to be clear. It was just a bit of a shock, but a part of racing!

And Kev, a few people over on UKMOC are drooling over #16 you'll be glad to know

well done Steve you have summed up my feelings too. After the first session on Friday I said to my wife "I'm out of my f"%&^+*g league here we'll play golf instead"!! but with lots of encouragement from her and Ghost and other great guys I had a good go and when I did a 1.02 in race 2 felt better. Now I can't wait for the next one and to grow bigger balls. Had a bit of bike trouble so thanks to everyone who helped out with advice, parts, and assistance what a great bunch to spend the weekend with.
Old 15-Mar-2012, 21:40
Bevel Head
Bikes: ducati 620ss racer,aprilia rsvr mille,husqavarna 125 crosser

Mood: easy going,love to laugh,fairly competetive
Hi Steve,as agreed by all, a great report (are you a pro? journalist i meen)
I had a few nightmares myself-instant membership of the paddock hill mob for starters(third session -friday) saved it by sheer luck and previous experience ie trip onto infield anglesey june 2011 whence i grabbed the front brake at the last moment to save running back onto track at the 1st hairpin into path of oncoming bikes,result insant tuck under and knackered shoulder,and scratched Doris as well,lesson dont touch anything if you run off.

Survived to endure the next disaster
reason for not having a time logged ,total loss of clutch after 5 pretty good laps so was back of grid all weekend (#58 it was nice to see our number in print)

might post more as i remember it (age is a bugger isnt it)