Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-May-2006, 08:45
Bevel Head

Mood: The 996r is back on the road!!!
Slippy Foot Pegs

Hi,

Having problem with the standard foot pegs on my 916, I always feel like I could slide my feet off them off at any time and do not have the desired amount of grip with them!?!?

Can anyone suggest any replacements for the original pegs, without buying rearsets? or is that the only way to go? I need something that is heavily knurled to give the grip I think that I need.

Any advice gladly received.

Thanks

[Edited on 20-5-2006 by fraggle]
Old 20-May-2006, 10:10
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
mindreader!

i was just going to ask something like this as i had a moment the other day when going through a wet right hander - my left foot slipped off the outside peg just as i was tipping it in, which wasn't nice as it almost made me clip a parked car

i've been watching ebay for a few days but only seem to be able to find pegs with funny little shiny nodules on them, which i would imagine would be even more slippery.

i'll watch this one with interest
Old 20-May-2006, 10:39
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
Dont waste your time , get some rearsets , you wont look back they feel so much better and they are adjustable

Keep looking second hand pairs come up all the time
Old 20-May-2006, 11:46
Mille

Mood: Beige.....
When I started doing trackdays and couldn't afford some rearsets, (the standard position didn't deck-out) - I sharpened up the ridges on my standard peg's with a file. It stopped my feet sliding off them in the wet perfectly and was a real cheap modification. The peg's on my replacement rearset's to date are quite sharp but I still sharpened them up with a file.
Old 20-May-2006, 12:09
Bevel Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Totto
Dont waste your time , get some rearsets , you wont look back they feel so much better and they are adjustable

Keep looking second hand pairs come up all the time

Are there any rearsets in particular which are worth going for, and are there any definites to avoid??
Old 20-May-2006, 12:09
Bevel Head

Quote:
Originally posted by desmobob
When I started doing trackdays and couldn't afford some rearsets, (the standard position didn't deck-out) - I sharpened up the ridges on my standard peg's with a file. It stopped my feet sliding off them in the wet perfectly and was a real cheap modification. The peg's on my replacement rearset's to date are quite sharp but I still sharpened them up with a file.

Sounds like a plan for the short term, thanks!
Old 20-May-2006, 12:46
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Yup, a file works wonders. If you take your time, it might be all you need to solve your problem.