Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Jun-2004, 18:04
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Suspension setup

First of all my apologies for not doing the searches on this topic before I posted (gotta run out to see the Chilli Peppers in a minute).

I was just at Tyremans place dropping off my beloved and the shoddy tyre wear that I'm getting on the front is caused by equally shoddy suspension setup. He told me that Red-Leader got his suspension setup by someone not too far away from where Tyreman is (only 20 minutes down the road from my house) - Does anyone know who this magical suspension setup person is?

I'm having my operation next week and will be off the bike for around 2 months or so and I would dearly love to have this sorted out tomorrow for Sunday's run. I described how completely lacking in confidence I am of the front end and got strange looks until the tyre wear was noted. I've ridden a nice ZX-7R and that has the most confidence inspiring front end of any bike I've ever ridden and I'm told that is what my 996 should feel like! I thought it should too.

Help me to love my baby even more because there's these lovely fast sweepers that I would LOVE to attack on that thing if the front end feels that planted!!

HELP!!!!
Old 25-Jun-2004, 22:06
500SD

Mood: wobbly !!!
You got U2U TP
KEV
Old 26-Jun-2004, 17:24
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Thanks Kev, I rang HM but unfortunately they didn't get back to me

I picked the bike up from Tyreman today with the SuperCorsa's in and the front is feeling a lot better. I can still feel it wanting to stand up and fighting me a bit sometimes but it doesn't feel like it tracks in ruts anymore and the steering is a lot more predictable - more confidence inspiring.

I'm definitely going to have the suspension setup properly by HM (they look they can get me going properly) because I think that the next two performance mods are:
1 - some rider training for me (level 1 and 2 CSS days)
2 - setup the suspension so that I feel confident I know what it's doing all the time and I think that will make a HUGE difference.

I was thinking yesterday how easy it was to go quick (my version of quick that is ie, slow) on the ZX-7R straight away because that front end was so good - if the 996 would feel like then I'm really looking forward to it!

Unfortunately the suspension will have to wait until September when I can ride again

Cheers,

TP
Old 26-Jun-2004, 23:31
DSC Club Rep
Big Twin
Bikes: 848

Hey TP - I had my front suspension sorted last summer after what seemed like ages riding around not having any confidence in the front whatsoever. And what a diffrence it made - felt like a different bike altogether. Had the work done at ProTwins - can explain more if you want.