Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 13-Dec-2005, 19:23
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
998 dream - ah well nice while it lasted

Well thats gone out of the window after seeing the prices of used 998's in bp guise. Is it me or is there a massive price gap between late 996's and 998's ?
It also seems that 998's in bp form are worth more than later 999's (can see why though)

So i cant afford around 8k for a 998 (and lets be honest it would be a bit greedy) so have decided to plump to keep the old 916 for another couple of years, just get the valves all replaced and new seals and gaskets, get the forks resealed and a new clutch. I think its worth so little now with 24k on it and M reg, so i may as well chuck a few hundred at it ensuring the motor is spot on (still doesnt burn oil after all this time) and enjoy the next couple of years not worrying about it.
I think my love affair with the old style 916 is just as strong as it ever was and am looking forward to another summer of plodding around on the old barge.

good call do we think ?? i have owned it over 3 years now and another couple i can handle no problem. The speed doesnt concern me, just a bit fed up with niggly little faults around the electrics (2 rectifiers, 1 gene, 1 crank sensor and a partridge in a pear tree - long story)

Opinions pls - but pls dont even think of suggesting i flog the RC30 to fund a 998. it aint gonna happen
Old 13-Dec-2005, 19:32
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I'm sure you could get a 998 bp cheaper than that ... buyers market and all that.
Old 13-Dec-2005, 19:52
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
TBH i wanted the S model in bp form to get the extra's and the mods in the motor make it a tough reliable motor.
If i couldn't get an S with twin seats i was just going to convert it.
I have to keep at least one bike with 2 seats as the girlfriend hasnt taken a shine to the RC30, and with over 2k done on the RC30, 2.2k on the RGV250SP VJ23, and 900 miles on the 916 this year she thinks i am trying to tell her something. . . . . . . . Hmm maybe i am
Old 17-Dec-2005, 00:26
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
Hey CRM see my ad in market place.

I only have the bip but £6k cash would see it coming your side of the country

And if you have never ridden the S and Bip back to back then you will never know the difference.
I have and didnt think it was a big step in power.
The 998 engine is a complete step up from the 996 and is quick enough never to get left behind on the road thats for sure
Old 21-Dec-2005, 11:03
Bevel Head

Mood: ;)
e bay!

nice...!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit