Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Apr-2006, 20:24
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
various questions...

can anyone help with the following issues....

1. I have a pierbon race frame on the front and can't get the speedo to mount as it means that the mounting bolts don't line up. Has anyone else tried this or have a solution?

2. Behind where the speedo mounts is a connection point, I think this is for the connector attached to the speedo (neutral light etc) can anyone confirm this?

3. Left hand switch gear has a connector that could fit in to above slot, but I don't think this is right, it looks like it should go elsewhere but I can't find another 'female' connection point to plug it into. Does anyone know where this should live? It can't be too far away as the cable is only really long enough to get it to the headstock area.

Thanks
Old 16-Apr-2006, 20:36
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Normally on a 916 the idiot lights do plug into a socket inside the headlight that is of the type the L/H switch gear plugs into, which would normally be fitted on the left side of the headlight sticking out of the back.
All are fed from the round multiway socket that connects just above the battery by the way of a seperate harness that runs up to the headlight housing that has 5 multiway connectors on it.
Two double row connectors--- idiot lights and L/H switch gear
Two single row 4-way connectors--- Headlight and R/H switch gear
One single row 6-way connector --- Tacho and temp gauge
Old 16-Apr-2006, 20:40
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
ok, so i reckon i was right and have plugged the connector from the speedo (idiot lights?) into the spare connector behind the rev counter/speedo etc.

Can't work out where to plug lh switch gear now, i don't seem to have any spare connectors that i can see?