Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 07-Dec-2006, 10:45
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Yep the top coat adds a bit of extra weight

Actually, red paint uses an iron salt for the colour, while yellow paint uses a titanium salt, so yellow is obviously lighter and hence faster than red
Old 07-Dec-2006, 10:50
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
yellow may be lighter but scratch it and you will see the red undercoat, this also applies to the senna3 mode, which also uses red for a undercoat under its black.

So I must amit the unfinished red ones are lighter

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 07-Dec-2006, 11:42
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

One of the mags recently did a good article and suggested that frame and engine numbers should be recorded at all race and trackday meetings in an attempt to reduce the amount of bike crime.

This seller could well be totally legit but, is it possible to obtain a new engine number? I dunno but, I certainly am keen on reducing bike crime and trying to get our insurance premiums down.

Frank
Old 07-Dec-2006, 12:02
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic944ss
One of the mags recently did a good article and suggested that frame and engine numbers should be recorded at all race and trackday meetings in an attempt to reduce the amount of bike crime.

This seller could well be totally legit but, is it possible to obtain a new engine number? I dunno but, I certainly am keen on reducing bike crime and trying to get our insurance premiums down.

Frank

I think I read the same article, hence I wasnt sure if legal etc...accoring to that report tho you couldnt use this for racing as no numbers equals no racing and a call to plod! and so it should, in case they're thieving scumbags!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-Dec-2006, 12:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Your right in that this engine shouldn't be allowed in a race bike, not because it has no numbers but because they have been tampered with or removed.
My 955 Corse engine has had replacement crankcases as has my TL1000SV engine and neither have engine numbers, I f I attempted to stamp numbers on them they would look as if they had been tampered with so its safer to leave them in their untouched state as received when new.

At NG road racing you have to fill in engine and frame numbers at every meeting on the scrutineering card, if I handed mine in for the TL with no engine number they should automatically check for signs of tampering.

On the New Era card we just sign to say we haven't banged our heads in the previous couple of weeks

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 07-Dec-2006, 12:29
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
On the New Era card we just sign to say we haven't banged our heads in the previous couple of weeks

I dunno why we even bothered with that! After all, the knock on the head I had years ago obviously didn't affect me in any way

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit