Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 23-Dec-2006, 18:31
Mille

Mood: I've bought a 900SL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
So your defence for the 999 is that you "can't see what the bike looks like when you're riding it" - says it all.
Slighty missed the target there, No I was saying if you prefer how a bike looks more than how it rides crack on
but obviously u missed that
for me the looks are always a secondary consideration. Why have super model when it rides like a plank.
;-)
Old 23-Dec-2006, 19:36
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by IainMac
Slighty missed the target there, No I was saying if you prefer how a bike looks more than how it rides crack on
but obviously u missed that
for me the looks are always a secondary consideration. Why have super model when it rides like a plank.
;-)

Sports bikes are bought for a number of reasons, power, looks, and handling amoungst others......

The vast majority of owners (or potential owners) can't fully realise the handling or the power of the bike, but they can all realise the looks of the bike.

Therefore the looks are the main consideration for many, many owners. This is where the 999 falls short.

Its seems there are those that do love the 999 looks, but I'd suggest that these are the actual owners. Whereas there are many who lust after a 996 model and the majority of these do not actually own one.

For the 999, it seems that Beauty is in the eyes of the V(5) holder !!

Tim
Old 23-Dec-2006, 19:54
Montjuic

oops it looks like there are some strong feeling out there!!!
i think the 996 wins
let me explane i just got back into bikes in the summer when i got a 900SL carb modle and it is a minter but due to work i dont get out much so i will never be a great rider that is half the reason i got a old bike then the bug bit and i got a 888 and it is in bits just now ( you know how those small jobs grow) i was happy at that then i changed jobs and i will be in the UK alot more so i am thinking about the 3rd bike
yes i enjoy polishing them and looking at them in the garage thats why i didnot buy a jap, but i like things that are difrent so it had to
be ducati
i think the 996 will be the one. i now i will never drive it to its limit but thats the same as the 999 yes the 999 is more advanced and beter set up but the 996 just has some thing that gets me going.
so thanks for all the input guys hurry up santa !!!!!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit