Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Jul-2005, 13:08
Montjuic

Mood: dusty!
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Yeah suits you!!

At least you didn't do an Alex

I had a few brown trouser moments into Clearways myself, seems to dip slightly just as I was hitting the anchors, had a feet of pegs moment on one lap I'd left it that late, seem to roll off a bit earlier after that though for some reason

Hope you get the bike sorted soon, didn't look too bad though, just get the hammerite out and it'll be fine

Had a bit of traffic under bridge and an instructor in front on a hornet, followed him and got a bit over on my original line and down went the front! Damage was to the side that was damaged a few weeks back when a trupmet rider knocked it over! Akrapovic can now shaped to fit a K5 gixer dented rad crash bung and oh yes lots of hammerite!

[Edited on 6-7-2005 by matboyslim]
Old 06-Jul-2005, 15:14
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by Whele
Sadly the guy who went down on the last corner on the last lap of the last session, broke his hip which slightly dampened the day for us.

This guy's a friend of mine. He's broken his femur just below the hip. He's now got 3 big screws holding it all together & is due to leave hospital later today.

Looking on the bright side, at least he didn't cause the loss of anybody's track time
Old 06-Jul-2005, 15:32
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
YOUCH!!!

I hope he heals up ok!
Old 06-Jul-2005, 16:40
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1
Quote:
Sadly the guy who went down on the last corner on the last lap of the last session, broke his hip which slightly dampened the day for us.

This guy's a friend of mine. He's broken his femur just below the hip. He's now got 3 big screws holding it all together & is due to leave hospital later today.

Looking on the bright side, at least he didn't cause the loss of anybody's track time

Christ when i broke my femur i was in hospital for 3 months ( i did have other injuries as well ) but out in a few days WOW..i still got a pin and screws in the femur and hip.....wish him well for me i know how it feels

Phil
Old 06-Jul-2005, 16:58
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Yep been there done that still have the K-nail through the left Femur to prove it, again 3 months in hospitl to sort it out.
Old 06-Jul-2005, 17:52
Mille

Mood: ok
you only spoke to five people about their riding they must have all been in the fast inters then
Old 07-Jul-2005, 01:14
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by tetol
you only spoke to five people about their riding they must have all been in the fast inters then

how did you come to that conclusion Tetol ?? you've lost me ...
Old 07-Jul-2005, 11:45
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1
Quote:

This guy's a friend of mine. He's broken his femur just below the hip. He's now got a metal plate & 3 big screws holding it all together & is due to leave hospital later today.

Christ when i broke my femur i was in hospital for 3 months ( i did have other injuries as well ) but out in a few days WOW..i still got a pin and screws in the femur and hip.....wish him well for me i know how it feels

Phil

Little update: He walked out of hospital yesterday , yes... I did say walked. He says " it's a bit uncomfortable, but not really painful ". He's not in plaster & is walking with a limp (& a crutch), but you'd never guess he'd broken his leg 2 days ago just by looking at him.
Old 07-Jul-2005, 21:24
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
as a spectator, I was amazed at some of the antics...standing at the hairpin under a red flag, I saw the DD'ers pass in the fast group hands/feet in the air slowing, then another bunch of racers (numbers on their bikes) who not only kept flat out but also were overtaing...yellow flags meant nothing to some either.

Still wished I had taken my bike after watching you guys fly around tho...well done gary and co, seemed all I spoke to enjoyed it!
Old 07-Jul-2005, 23:16
Big Twin

Quote:
I am constantly amazed that this group is the most experienced, yet they make the most basic error in the book. I am really at a loss what can be done. The first lap no overtaking rule is there for a reason

Send them home.

Make it very clear right at the beginning of the day, break the rule, and you're going home. Been on a few days that do this, and everyone abides by the rules. It's harsh, but for a reason.

If riders don't spot people slowing down, flags etc, then they're not observant enough to be safe. Or they think they're above the rules. Either way, you don't want them out there.

Only needs a couple of people to get their day cut to one session, and everyone else toes the line.