Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Sep-2006, 11:27
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
"Maybe the method was not the best/nicest way of having to do that but it was the ONLY way for it to happen."
Absolutely correct-and that's how it happens in racing.
As it happens there are all sorts of ways in which you could modify a 583 or 618 bike to make it faster which are illegal-and for most of them the only way to prove it would be to strip the engine. I for one didn't believe that Doms bike was illegal-but it could have been-it has now been officially proved to be completely class legal. So once again, well done to Dom for riding the wheels off it and proving to you all that it can be done-and with only a K&N filter and slip on cans-so there is actually a bit more to come-not that it's needed................
Also very well done to Antonye for having the courage of his convictions-you may not all have liked it but it has silenced the detractors once and for all.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 04-Sep-2006, 11:30
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
I will say that I didn't believe that Dom's bike was legal because he was just so damn quick on it that he must be superhuman to ride it that fast.

I have been fortunate enough to race in a number of series with people on very similar bikes to mine, and the same tyres, and see, time and again, that some people can carry unbelievable corner speed. Some of it is set up, and some of it is the rider, but when both are present, you witness the incredible. But it's true.
I find it awesome, not awful.

But I did love seeing inside chass' engine, cos it showed just how beautifully it was running - squish set to perfection, mixture absolutely spot-on, probably running avgas from the colour (forgot to ask).
In fact all the signs of a blueprint-level top end and meticulous set up, which is what all my classic racing contacts tell me is where you should always start before you do anything special.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 11:34
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
"Maybe the method was not the best/nicest way of having to do that but it was the ONLY way for it to happen."
As it happens there are all sorts of ways in which you could modify a 583 or 618 bike to make it faster which are illegal-and for most of them the only way to prove it would be to strip the engine. I for one didn't believe that Doms bike was illegal-but it could have been-it has now been officially proved to be completely class legal. So once again, well done to Dom for riding the wheels off it and proving to you all that it can be done-and with only a K&N filter and slip on cans-so there is actually a bit more to come-not that it's needed................
Also very well done to Antonye for having the courage of his convictions-you may not all have liked it but it has silenced the detractors once and for all.

John

Wise words monty. I agree.

And I think it also proves that dom's results now show he is a candidate for a sponsor with money to burn in a bigger series
Old 04-Sep-2006, 11:44
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_h
But I did love seeing inside chass' engine, cos it showed just how beautifully it was running - squish set to perfection, mixture absolutely spot-on, probably running avgas from the colour (forgot to ask).

You're joking aren't you?!

It's as it came out of Italy, and run on Shell Optimax (or whatever they call it now).

Quote:
In fact all the signs of a blueprint-level top end and meticulous set up

It's not blueprinted.... yet!
Old 04-Sep-2006, 11:51
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
You're joking aren't you?!

It's as it came out of Italy, and run on Shell Optimax (or whatever they call it now).

It's not blueprinted.... yet!

Like I said-more to come.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 04-Sep-2006, 11:58
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Like I said-more to come.

John

And not just from dom Huh...!!......im sure the rest of the field have had some good racing and will find more pace next year....Dom has not had it his own way all year ........ Andy Ian Glenn have all beaten him...............he has had to battle and that is racing...............

The Titles may have been won but there are still battle in Class B and A for 2nd and 3rd ......and those guys are battling hard for them.............lets not forget that

Phil
Old 04-Sep-2006, 12:00
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Angry

Quote:

John

Now all I have to do is rebuild my bike & pay the bill DD is supposed to cheap haaar bloody haaar.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 12:03
888 at Last !!!

Mood: make poverty history - cheaper Dukes now!
well - I was looking to join in the "fun" of DD next season, as it seemed to be just what club racing should be about - racing for the enjoyment!
how wrong can you be?
is it really so hard to believe dom is just a better rider, and a worthy champion?
anybody who has been involved in the protest and the whispers should take a long look at themselves, and measure their ego's.
this has really been shameful, and makes a mockery of the whole concept.
I read chass's post, and sincerely hope he doesn't pull out for next year. I fully understand why he feels this way though - a lot of time, effort and money has been given, and I'm not sure I would want to be back there next year after being treated this way.
you would be a loss to the paddock chass.
I hope the £250 goes to chass to help with the rebuild costs.
and dom, I hope the champagne just tastes sweeter now all the people who thought you may have been cheating have egg on their faces.
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
The Titles may have been won but there are still battle in Class B and A for 2nd and 3rd ......and those guys are battling hard for them.............lets not forget that
Phil

I think there are lots of people having their own little battles wherever they are in the points table.

I'm looking forward to Cadwell, hopefully just to improve my placings and times.

Big congrats to the series winners, and actually to everyone who is taking part. Without all the racers there would be no racing.
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Thumbs up Well done Fil and Domski, cream always rises to the top guys

It's been a long haul for both of you but you've both shown that your racing skills are the best, I hope to see you both competing in Class A next year? Should make the battles even more intense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
Phil

Very well said, and all the more reason to have had points awarded all the way down the field to ensure that all entrants get to be able to truly fight for their championship position