Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Sep-2006, 12:06
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
DD is cheap RACING - I have to pay 1000 - 1200 for a 5 speed close ratio cluster for my classics, and thats only the gears and shafts.
My classic tyres costs 120 -130 EACH.
I have to get squish pistons made specially at up to 150 each !
A bare race frame and swinging arm costs 1200
(I hope Sue doesnt see this )
Old 04-Sep-2006, 12:07
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
Andy Ian Glenn have all beaten him...

...and Ali

Also, the birthday boy beat me on Saturday, not that I'm being picky

Quote:
The Titles may have been won but there are still battle in Class B and A for 2nd and 3rd ......and those guys are battling hard for them.............lets not forget that

Forget who?
Old 04-Sep-2006, 12:07
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
I can accept a rider putting a protest up if they think someone is cheating, I asked Antony this when he put it up and I am happy for someone to do that if they believe strong enough.
I don't like and fail to understand a group of people getting together and putting the money up between them. If any one of those people had any belief in their thoughts they would have put the money up themselves. As it was they had no belief in their thoughts so took the cowards way out, if you believe strongly in something you don't hide behind others and you really should have the balls to stand up and be counted. At least Antony has had the balls to stand up, the rest of them are pathetic.
if the idea was to make an example of the most dominant rider then in my honest opinion you got the wrong man because there is another champion who dominated his class like no other.
For me this was an attack on one rider simple as that.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 12:09
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_h
DD is cheap RACING - I have to pay 1000 - 1200 for a 5 speed close ratio cluster for my classics, and thats only the gears and shafts.

Phil you are missing the point, go polish your cup)
Old 04-Sep-2006, 12:09
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlist
It's been a long haul for both of you but you've both shown that your racing skills are the best, I hope to see you both competing in Class A next year? Should make the battles even more intense!

I disagree. I think Phil should retire at the top

Old 04-Sep-2006, 12:10
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_h

DD is not just CHEAP racing.....there are bikes out there that have had well over 5k spent on them......and there are rounds which have cost people well over 500 quid to enter........racing is not cheap...dd is not cheap....but it is one of the most cost effective ways to go racing.............

cheap....i laugh at that
Old 04-Sep-2006, 12:11
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando
I can accept a rider putting a protest up if they think someone is cheating, I asked Antony this when he put it up and I am happy for someone to do that if they believe strong enough.
I don't like and fail to understand a group of people getting together and putting the money up between them. If any one of those people had any belief in their thoughts they would have put the money up themselves. As it was they had no belief in their thoughts so took the cowards way out, if you believe strongly in something you don't hide behind others and you really should have the balls to stand up and be counted. At least Antony has had the balls to stand up, the rest of them are pathetic.
if the idea was to make an example of the most dominant rider then in my honest opinion you got the wrong man because there is another champion who dominated his class like no other.

Well said Tony - I always liked you
Old 04-Sep-2006, 12:12
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
cheap....i laugh at that

...and your mother is a hamster!!

Old 04-Sep-2006, 12:16
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando

well said, totally agree.

its not the protest per se, its the manner of it.

if i thought someone was running an illegal bike and i was bothered enough by it then i would say so, put in a protest and hold my hand up afterwards if i was wrong.

ANY involement from the RC should be totally dismissed. if i understand the prcess correctly, it has absolutely nothing to do with them.

on another note.

the trophies issue has again been a joke.

i will offer my services for next season to take the trophies to each round, or make sure they get there if i cant make it and arrange a time for the presentation of said items at each round.

its obviously an area that needs some help.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 12:32
888 at Last !!!

Mood: make poverty history - cheaper Dukes now!
Quote:
DD is not just CHEAP racing.....there are bikes out there that have had well over 5k spent on them......and there are rounds which have cost people well over 500 quid to enter........racing is not cheap...dd is not cheap....but it is one of the most cost effective ways to go racing.............

cheap....i laugh at that

I've made a small fortune racing.........

but i started out with a large one!