Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Jan-2006, 13:37
Mille
Bikes: 998Bip

Mood: Carbonara
Trackdays in France 2006

Hi Folks,

Some of you out there may find this interesting - 2006 year planner with Byrne-Up French trackdays marked.

The days marked are the days on track. Byrne-Up do really good and rapid guided rides down to the various tracks as well.

I'm booked on for Nogaro in May and Pau in September - maybe Magny in August if I've any cash left after LougiMoto and Chris Steedman finish twiddling and tweaking.

Byrne-Ups website - http://www.byrne-up.co.uk/

Spin

[Edited on 23-1-2006 by spinoli1]
Old 24-Jan-2006, 21:34

nagaro

ive been to nagaro twice its a good track with some good turns and one hell of a big straight (170+ on my gsxr1000) good run off etc ,, staff are good never seen a black flag the 2 weeks ive been their wheelies the lot no prob they just love it ,, petrol station hotels and shops next to the track
the only thing i will say is the foods rare even if you ask for it well done remember to say this if your haveing steak (tray tray bron qei) say it as it looks , it means very very well done or it will still have the horns on
Old 24-Jan-2006, 22:30
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
if youve got chris and working on your bike you wont have any money left, i know chris spends all my money two top blokes who will turn your bike into a rocket ship, what you having done spin ???
Old 25-Jan-2006, 09:52
Mille

Already got S/R cams, 996R ICU, PC11 USB and full 50mm system fitted.

Having service with belts, and Chris is doing a super set-up, gas flow and porting, with heads skimmed for 12.8 to 1 comp ratio. Then full dyno set-up with custom map. I'm hoping this will stop me being late for work.

Nogaro is an ace track (I prefer it to Magny). Like the man says, biiiiig straight, but also loads of corners and overtaking spots.

Pau was described by PB as "Cadwell on acid". Never ridden any thing like it, all either up or down, great fun. And I'm told they've re-surfaced it too!

Byrne-Up sort all your hotels, luggage, ferries etc - I know I sound like and advert, but I've been doing trips with them for over 5 years and think they're ace.

Spin
Old 25-Jan-2006, 11:10
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Do you ride down Spinoli or "van" it? If you ride what happens if you stack it?

Thinking about the Pau dates 'cos I'll be in Biarritz for a couple of weeks at the time.
Old 25-Jan-2006, 14:02
Mille

Hi Fiscus,

Biarritz - just down the road. No excuse then.

Regarding trashing the bike, Byrne-Up require you to take out a special travel insurance policy with 4 Counties, that will repatriate you and your bike if trashed. Seen it used several times, even getting bikes back to Jersey no problem. Cost is about £40.00.

If you go on the guided ride down with them, they use a luggage van that can pick up any bikes which...er..break down after an interface with the scenery.

A separate company sends an F-O truck down to all the B-U track days with, tyres (loads of), basic spares, consumables etc (and up to 4 hire bike GSXR 750s, if needed).

There's also a good Ducati dealer in Pau who I've made use of for spares, and at Nogaro there is a resident race team/school who run Ducatis, and who lent me the battery from their 749 race bike last year.

Spin

[Edited on 25-1-2006 by spinoli1]
Old 25-Jan-2006, 21:44
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
how much do you budget for when doing a foreign trackday, its my 30th next year and im toying with making it my first foreign trackday, would prefer cataluyna or jerez but am always willing to listen to other peoples recommendations.
Old 26-Jan-2006, 09:49
Mille

Deej,

It's a little different for me, as I'm in Jersey, so I have to organise my own ferry, and Byrne-Up knocks this off the price for me.

I'll use Nogaro in May without the ferry as an example.

B-U hasn't published the price list yet, but I expect 2 days on track and 3 nights half-board hotel to be about £350. Fuel for van and bike is likely to be about £60, motorway tolls about £25. How much you spend in the bar is up to you, additional foods should be covered by £30. Travel insurance £40.

So that's just over £500 then.

Do the ride down with B-U and you get 2 days hooning on clear French twisties for free, with your bags in the van. Extra hotel night though.

Spin

[Edited on 26-1-2006 by spinoli1]
Old 26-Jan-2006, 18:54
Ducati Meccanica

cheers mate, much appreciated.

im down in cornwall so you can add £60 for fuel to and fro dover so it aint too bad really, not sure if i'd like to ride down and back or just go by van/plane and let some one lese do the organising. what would happen if you bin it on track or even worse bin it before you get to the track ??

cheers
dave
Old 27-Jan-2006, 09:36
Mille

Deej,

If you bin it on the way to the track, Byrne-Up's van will pick you and the bike up and take you down to the hotel/track. I've seen them get 4 trashed bikes in it before we even got to the track - but that was very exceptional.

Bin it on the track, and either B-U's van or the travel insurance will get you and your bike back home. Also if the bike croaked on the way down.

There are always plenty of people who will help get a binned back on the road/track, and information on where your nearest dealer is, if you need spares you can't get at the track.

If your bike's not fixable, and you have the cash, there are hire GSXR750s for use on the track.

Cornwall eh? I'm moving to Trispen, near Truro in about 18-24 months. We can goes halves on van hire for 2008 - bonza!

Have alook on B-U's web-site for loads of info.

http://www.byrne-up.co.uk/

If you contact them, mention Spin - I'm trying to get a free T-shirt out of them.

Spin

[Edited on 27-1-2006 by spinoli1]