Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Jul-2005, 18:39
GTL

BUYING a 03 749 S

NEED alot of help and quickly !!!!
Have a chance to buy a 749 S 2003 model for a VERY good price, well for SWEDEN its a good price, I am one of three interested so BEFORE I buy it I NEED help in things to look for so all you guys and gals that have one or know about them then I would be extremely appreciative all the help you can give. Cyber drinks for EVERYONE
Seriously, I have ridden it and it goes great, but then I havent ridden the new types, ridden 916, 996īs so wouldnt know if its a good one or not. Its from a Ducati shop and is going to have a service and EVERYTHING checked before I buy it.
The only problem is its yellow
Its done 16000 kmīs . DOnt know what that is in the OLD measurement
Thanks in advance
Rick

[Edited on 5-7-2005 by Rick]

Old 05-Jul-2005, 22:47
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Yellow is the colour to get in the "new shape" - I think it's suits the lines better.

Check the front brakes for grabbing, as there have been a couple of issues. They can cut out occasionally to. TO be honest, you'd have spotted both of these problems if you've test ridden the bike, and if it's done 16,000kms then the minor problems should have been fixed.

I'd get it checked thoroughly by the dealer, get a full service thrown in, get the longest warranty you can and enjoy it