Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Apr-2011, 20:13
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
DD'ers at Anglesey 09/04/11 ....oh no

Myself and Tom Roberts (class A #84) had an interesting time at anglesey yesterday.

Me.... four laps in first session with DD shed and the brakes get spongy. Half a lap later NO brakes and rapid down shifting and rear brake appalication. Cost back to paddock and disc is glowing dull red and kecks full of brown stuff. It's back to a twin disc set up for me...................and double undies.

Tom...........fuel leak from tank sender unit on arrival. Tom fixed/bodged this then went out with me for our first DD sneaky practice session. tom's luck kept as normal, a Yam R6 rider tried to stuff up the inside of him then lost the front end. The poor chap then slid in front of Tom. Oh no, tom missed the sliding bike......but not the body surfing rider who was used as a take off ramp. On landing from human loading deck, tom lost the front end. tom is okay and the R6 guy just a bit bruised thank god.

So it was not a sucessfull day for the Dd bikes. The only consolation was that i did manage to go a bit quicker on my 853 (reportedly 5s a lap better than last time there)

So its back to two discs n calipers for me, and bodywork, footpegs and brackets for Tom before Next weekend to fix.

Role on Saturday and quicker lap time.
Old 10-Apr-2011, 20:30
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
OUCH!!!

so whats the track like? Never been there before
Old 10-Apr-2011, 20:44
500SD

The track is loveyl, mmmmm very lovely. Its one of my faves. The other being oulton. I have been using anglesey since about 94 when it was in its old configuration. The current circuit is great, fast flowing, technical and ballsy and so so so grippy. I cant wait for our weekend there
Old 11-Apr-2011, 08:00

What circuit were you using (coastal or international)?

I'm guessing, if you needed to over-use the brakes, the problems were as you came down the corkscrew/off the hairpin?
Old 11-Apr-2011, 08:34
500SD

International circuit. Four heavy braking areas each lap. 1st Rocket, 2nd Hairpin, 3rd Bus stop and 4th The banking. Great fun though

Last edited by Cranker V2 : 11-Apr-2011 at 08:57.