Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Aug-2005, 21:46
Montjuic

Power Commander Which Map....?

I've just bought a power commander for my 748bp but i'm struggling to find a map which matches the mods to the bike. I've got:

45mm termi end cans
itg under tank fiilter with originals removed,
ducati performance chip
and lightened flywheel.

There doesn't appear to be a map on the power commander site. I am planning on getting it sorted on a dyno but I'm not sure which map to put on to start with.
Old 01-Aug-2005, 21:56
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
How olds your bike mate?
Old 01-Aug-2005, 22:00
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

That's because none of your modifications will require any significant fuel map changes using a Power Commander. The Ducati Performance chip is all thats needed for your Termi slip-ons, the ITG filter won't flow any better than the stock air filter, and a lightened flywheel has no effect on an engine's fueling demands.
Old 01-Aug-2005, 22:28
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Shazaam's right. the PC maps are all based around the stock eprom. although not perfect, the DP chip will already have modified the fuel maps.
Refit the stock eprom and then use an applicable map, otherwise the additional mods added by the PC will really make a mess of things.
Old 01-Aug-2005, 22:41
BSB Star

I was going to say that. It doesnt need a power commander. I would junk the D/performance chip and buy one from jhp. You tell him your spec and theyll suply one, although probably not in the post as the postal x ray machine wipes the chip!
Old 01-Aug-2005, 22:45
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
I think what they are reccommending is map 503, which requires ducati eprom 060. (I dont think they do an eprom marked 'stock' )
(Not sure what is different to map 504 though !)
(What code is your 'performance' chip ? There seems to be more than one - I have one marked 748SPS 066)
That is where I seem to be heading, when my latest ebay purchase of a set of 45's arrives.
I can find no good reason why any 748 that isnt raced is fitted with 50mm cans. A setup that leaves a gaping hole in the midrange seems to be typical 'that'll do' attitude that ducati have now. I'm sure they fit the 50s to the 748 SPS and R just for marketing dreams.
If you tell me how you get on, I'll share my 'secrets' too
Old 02-Aug-2005, 08:59
Montjuic

Ok so what I need to do is put the original chip back in then use the map for termi end cans stock chip stock filters and that should be ok.

Thank people for you help.
Old 02-Aug-2005, 09:42
BSB Star

From my little knowledge, i dont believe the older style bikes using the old 'chip' have enough adjustability to warrant a Pc111....?

If you look at how may connections there are, what is it 8? then look at a later style cpu...............tens of pins?

Somewhere like jhp has done hundreds of power runs with hundreds od spec ducatis, he can load a chip up with a very good curve that will suit your bike.

Unless you run the bike itself on a dyno, you will be guessing anyway.

FYI, i uploaded a 999r map from the dj site that in theory was the same spec as mine. It turned out it was running very weak at full rpm.