Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 12-Mar-2004, 04:05
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
A14 Suffolk/Cambs

Dear All,

A quick word of warning for anyone using the A14 on a regular basis or anyone using it to pass through.

I was down that way at the weekend seeing my kids and noticed something "Different" since my last visit

A stretch of the A14 for approx 10 miles has about 30 metal containers strategically placed behind road signs on both sides of the road.

Ideal "Homes" for mobile speed cameras.

As if this stretch of road is not camered enough..........

You have been warned!!!!

I am not going to get into the usual rant about revenue versus accident reduction etc etc.....just be careful......

Regards

ScottyB
Old 12-Mar-2004, 16:41
Mille

Hi Scotty, I can only speak for the Gatsos between Huntingdon and Cambridge but I'm pretty sure that none of them work. I've never been flashed there and I may have passed some of them at slightly in excess of the national speed limit your honour
You may find that the metal boxes have something to do with the new A14 extension that everyone up here is dreading!!
Mike
Old 13-Mar-2004, 03:50
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
Never knew the A14 was getting extended. That will probably be it then, seemed a bit strange so thought i would mention it.

I normally sit at 80 through Huntindon/Cambs and have never had a problem, so the cameras must be set "Slightly" higher than that.

What's the betting they wait until summer before kicking off the road works!!

Regards

ScottyB

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit