Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
Closed Thread

Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:15
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Looking at it from a complete Novice point of view, I've entered this on the understanding that I'll be out with Novices. That and the cost of the season are what appeals. Nothing against anyone here, but I'd rather the rules were adhered too, it's a novice class, end of. Whether you're quick from doing trackdays matters not a bit, you've no prior racing experience, which is a world apart from just riding round on a trackday. It is annoying that the 620 class is that much more expensive, but if Couch was turned away from it with his limited racing experience and had to fork out £5K ish for a bike, why should it be any different for anyone else? If it starts getting one rule for one and one for the other the series is going to start looking very amateur and cliquey indeed.
Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:17
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally posted by domski
Quote:
Originally posted by couchcommando
Dom, why not run a 583 with a big bore kit in the 620 class ? Surely that would keep everyone happy ?

I want to be competitive, and to be competitive in 620, you need a 620 - no question.

It was also proven this year, that fitting a big bore kit is a complete waste of money.

I understand and appreciate what you are saying totally. I seem to be in a group of one that thinks bending the rules slightly is unfair so it doesn't really matter what I think but I am allowed to have my opinion. Just what other rules can be bent to allow someone to be competitive if they can't afford it ?
I'm torn aspart of me wants to be sporting and part of me would be upset that I had to spend all the money on my bike just because I could afford it
Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:18
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
On a personal level I wasn't allowed in the 583 class and I have raced less than you and don't hold a National Licence. Had I have been allowed to race a 583 I could have saved myself over £3k in bike costs.

I think that if I was new to the series for next year, then I'd have no chance of going 583.

There is only an outside chance now.

This is purely because I supported the series this year.

*Going on the info that you supplied in earlier threads, I think you've probably raced more than me, and within the last 12 months too. My racing was done 6-8 years ago. All the points you raise are answered in my above posts.
Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
I'll abide by whatever decision and race happily on as none of it is really life changing is it
So fingers crossed you get the RC decision you want.
Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:27
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Grib
Looking at it from a complete Novice point of view, I've entered this on the understanding that I'll be out with Novices. That and the cost of the season are what appeals. Nothing against anyone here, but I'd rather the rules were adhered too, it's a novice class, end of. Whether you're quick from doing trackdays matters not a bit, you've no prior racing experience, which is a world apart from just riding round on a trackday. It is annoying that the 620 class is that much more expensive, but if Couch was turned away from it with his limited racing experience and had to fork out £5K ish for a bike, why should it be any different for anyone else? If it starts getting one rule for one and one for the other the series is going to start looking very amateur and cliquey indeed.

I do see your point entirely, however, what about the people who have raced in DD this year. They may hold novice licences, but they are far from nervy beginners.

The rules do state that...

Quote:
Discretion may be shown by the committee towards entrants who do not meet all of these criteria, but who are entering in the spirit of the series.

So it's not being cliquey or favoring one person over another.

That's the rules - and they may not let me in!!

Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:29
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
From the 2005 rule book, that was voted on and agreed to by members of the DSC, now under these rules Dom is allowed to race in the DD seies where as several others will not be allowed to. It is only because the date cap has been removed that we are now looking at two classes and hence it looks like Dom is the loser while others gain from it
So whats this about bending rules

2.1.4 Qualification for entry to the series

For the 2006 series, entrants will have to have been members of the Club as at 1 March 2005, novice licence holders or not have raced for at least 5 years.
Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:29
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
Of course you're welcome to race with us mate. Personally I do it for real fun, so I won't get pi$$ed or anything if you do well

I've always loved the French

Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:30
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Absolutely, there are going to be people there with a whole year's experience, but still holding novice licences. If the comittee decide in your favour, fair enough, it's their call. I personally just want to get out there and get going, whoever I'm lining up with on the grid at the moment Hurry up Springtime!
Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:35
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
I'll abide by whatever decision and race happily on as none of it is really life changing is it
So fingers crossed you get the RC decision you want.

You've got me feeling guilty now

I totally appreciate your position, and I'm sure that the RC's decision on your entry would be different if you had ridden in DD in 2005.

I'm normally on the smelly end of the kind of stuff, so hopefully everything will work out for all of us and next year will be a great laugh - like this year was.

At least you got a sweet bike. I'll have to build a rat bike
Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:36
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
O come on it's just as good as the racing this is
Closed Thread