Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 29-Nov-2006, 01:41

Mood: Not happy until i get a ducati!
Sign of respect

Hi everyone i know this is a site to chat about bikes and the like but i just felt i had to share this with someone as this happened just yards from me and its sadened me so much today and feel like i need to let something out! I work part time as a security guard at Tesco and at about 4pm this afternoon an elderly lady aged 74 died outside our store when two eastern european men drove their van at aprox 70-80mph (in a 40mph limit road) into her as she crossed the road just after being in the store doing some christmas shopping! She was thrown about 12 metres and onto the opposite carriageway, they dumped the van (which had also dragged her trolley 1/4 mile) but were caught by police and both found to be totally drunk and couldn't speak a word of english! Police said that the was no skid marks so no attempt to stop had even been made! I feel so sick and also angry that a woman of 74 years has her life taken away from her by such a careless and selfish act! These people came to this country for a better life only to abuse the system, let alone that they will probably be deported and ruined it for themselfs and others they also in the process have wrenched at the hearts of her loved ones and ended this poor womans life!
I don't know who her family are or what her name was but just wanted to try and show some sympathy and respect for her and her family especially as christmas is also so near!

God bless!

Last edited by haga41cat : 29-Nov-2006 at 08:23.
Old 29-Nov-2006, 06:13
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Sadly the country is becoming used to these type of events.
Look at the news yesterday of that guy killed for his mobile. No remorse.
So So common. No thugs of any other guilty people seem bothered.
Old 29-Nov-2006, 07:04
500SD

Mood: happy
on a similar note, a mate of mine works for a tower grane company,a few weeks ago they had one come down in london killing the driver and a passerby, it took two days to retreve the body of the passerby as he was trapped under the jib, in that time some low life scum bag stole the blokes wallet
Old 29-Nov-2006, 07:38
BSB Star

Mood: living my life to the full
It doesn't matter if you're young or old, rich or poor. Society is a complete wreck!! Elderly raped and attacked, kids raped and attacked. It all just sickens me. My thoughts go out to the poor relatives left behind now.
Old 29-Nov-2006, 09:05
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Angry

When will all the do gooders realise that there has to be a viable deterent to stop this scum from commiting crimes.

Bring back hanging, The birch, branding etc and make this filth think twice about commiting crime.

A few months ago the Met Commisioner announced that there would be an extra number of police put on the streets to combat crime, this will not work coz there is no deterent to stop these scumbags.

Its about time the government started to listed to what the public are saying and stop this namby pamby approach to crime.

They should also stop this incesant regime at hitting easy targets like motorists and speeding, within reason.

Makes my blood boil.
Old 29-Nov-2006, 09:11
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgbob44

A few months ago the Met Commisioner announced that there would be an extra number of police put on the streets to combat crime, this will not work coz there is no deterent to stop these scumbags.

Your right. My sister and her Husband are both coppers in the Met. They told me that they arrest the same people for the same crimes week in, week out. But there is no deterent and no punishment.

They never get sent to prison no matter how many times they get sent to court as their crimes, burglary, shoplifting, driving without insurance etc are seen as minor crimes by the court. They are given fines that they will never pay or community service that they won't attend. That is if they bother to turn up at court at all.

The police are not perfect but the real problem is our court system.
Old 29-Nov-2006, 10:15
888 at Last !!!

Mood: On the up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
Your right. My sister and her Husband are both coppers in the Met. They told me that they arrest the same people for the same crimes week in, week out. But there is no deterent and no punishment.

They never get sent to prison no matter how many times they get sent to court as their crimes, burglary, shoplifting, driving without insurance etc are seen as minor crimes by the court. They are given fines that they will never pay or community service that they won't attend. That is if they bother to turn up at court at all.

The police are not perfect but the real problem is our court system.

I am sorry that the original poster had to a) witness this and b) no doubt help in sorting it out...

I think it is endemic of modern life in a country where politicians care more for votes and issues 'right now' (i.e. staring them in the face - or on a Question Time programme) than they do for decent, hardwroking, law abiding people . Human Rights, politicians of all flavours, from, seemingly all countries, just see it as a career to power and money - sod doing any good.
Old 29-Nov-2006, 11:03
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
The first thing that need to be banned is the human rights act, its used by every low life to get something for nothing and scam the system.............................IT`s GOT TO BLOODYWELL STOP!

Blood is now starting to simmer!
Old 29-Nov-2006, 11:43
888 at Last !!!

Mood: On the up
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgbob44
The first thing that need to be banned is the human rights act, its used by every low life to get something for nothing and scam the system.............................IT`s GOT TO BLOODYWELL STOP!

Blood is now starting to simmer!

Will it simmer all the way to the poles??? Don't have a hernia in the meantime! If enough of us vote for something better, we might just get it. Trouble is, nothing better seems to be out there...
Old 29-Nov-2006, 11:56
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboy
If enough of us vote for something better, we might just get it. Trouble is, nothing better seems to be out there...
There is nothing better , thats why so many people want to flee these shores for a safer life else-where.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit