Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 30-Sep-2005, 20:25
Ducati Dealer
Mille
Bikes: 1098R Track Bike

Mood: Dealer of the Year 2008
No problem Jiminy!
DLC would have contacted their DUC UK area sales manager to source the machine. If the bike was on his patch, he would have simply given DLC the other dealers details and they would sort from there. If the bike was elsewhere, the request would have gone through DUC UK. In any event contacting DUC UK is your first port of call.

I have no doubt that when you phone DUC UK and give them the details of the transaction they will contact that sales manager for you. They will know where your next nearest dealer is (assuming DLC cease trading permanently). I assume the sale can be transferred there. The only sticking point could be the size of the deposit you have placed. DUC UK will step in here and advise you of what to do next.

If you want to call me directly we can have a chat. I work Saturday and Sunday in the store. Unfortunately the area managers are unavailable at the weekend and i'm off on Monday but I am more than happy to call on your behalf on Tuesday if you would like!!

Main thing is not to worry and enjoy your weekend! I'm positive this can be sorted with the minimum of fuss.

Take care

my number is 0141 333 4 998

Martin
Old 30-Sep-2005, 20:40
Ducati Corse

Martin and Jiminy - welcome both. I've only ever heard good things about Ducati Glasgow - now I know why
Old 30-Sep-2005, 21:27
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1
Pro-Twins are not far from DLS, do an excellent job & offer a much better experience/ service. I just hope they continue to do so now that the competition have closed down.

blimey, I must keep going to the wrong Pro Twins, because they are without a doubt the worst Ducati emporium I have ever visited.
Old 30-Sep-2005, 21:46
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
Echo to Martin post.. I like Scotland (trying to get points with my wife guys..)
Marcello is a nice guy, I wish him the best.

I will probably go back to Italy next summer, so instead to keep working for GE, I will get a top CEO Job at Ducati , ...may be as new executive in charge of Worldwide sales and service network .. and be sure I will sort the Italian HQ out...

just kidding...NOT really..
Brogins
Old 30-Sep-2005, 21:55
Mille

Mood: Very thirsty
wot a top bunch you lot are ... (never doubted it really !!) - nice one folks - thanks once again for the calming words of wisdom. Glad to be amongst cool dudes (and dudesses).

I will rest now and have a chilled weekend and pick this one up on Monday with Ducati UK (I may just give you a call over the weekend Martin if that's okay? See how a day out with the Bin Lids goes first !!).

Have a good one all of you.

Jiminy
(so close to his first 749 it hurts !!)
Old 30-Sep-2005, 22:21
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1
Pro-Twins are not far from DLS, do an excellent job & offer a much better experience/ service. I just hope they continue to do so now that the competition have closed down.

blimey, I must keep going to the wrong Pro Twins, because they are without a doubt the worst Ducati emporium I have ever visited.

Disagree - i have been visiting Pro Twins for 3 years and have had nothing but sound advice, good prices, deals and top servicing - i would recommend to anyone.
Old 30-Sep-2005, 22:49

Hello

I would like to thanks all the people who have put in good comments on here about DLS / DLC.

This is what service we provided.

I was redundant on thurday at 1 pm.

My service staff and i did not walk out staright to the dole office that thursday and still havent, we was shocked and very upset thinking that we dont have a job and xmas is coming.

But what we have done is carried on working, we had customers motorcycles half way through servicing we had customers bike on site that needed to be repaired after having a crash and we had the parts to complete the jobs.

we made sure all the bikes on site were completed and that the customers got their bikes before the insolvency company took them. who would have made it very hard for the customer to claim their bikes.

We did not think about ourselves but our customers and their bikes,
one customer would have lost over £6,000 in parts and still had to get his bike repaired as he paid by switch, but we stayed and made sure that customers bike was fixed and delivered back to him.
Another customer went throught a insurance claim which took a long time but finally came through and we had the parts to fix the bike, so we did so now the customer has his bike, instead of getting the bike out at his cost and getting repaired and waiting another two months to get the parts.

Im sorry for the new owners who have put down money on new bikes.

But please contact Ducati uk and they will dealing with the sitaution and you wil lget the bike you ordered, sorry but not in the time your would have got if we was still trading.

I would like to thank everyone who worked with me you was a great group and hope to see a few of you around.

I know you can only please some of the people who walk in the door but i hope those have had a good time with us.

Marcello good luck with what every you do.
Old 30-Sep-2005, 22:55
Montjuic

Mood: Loud cluthes save Lives
Clint - good luck mate in whatever you do.

As I said earlier, that workshop are still looking for a mechanic mate

Cheers

CK, hi-jacking Robs log-in!!!
Old 30-Sep-2005, 23:09
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
I spent some time with these two guys at the brands DD they were supporting and enjoying their racing as much if not more than anyone else there, looking for business in a friendly and good humoured manor. Remember this “Not only the best survive” when the custom dries up some times hard working dedicated people fail despite their best effort. No ones as good as they think they are when the phone stops ringing and the door
stays shut.

Old 30-Sep-2005, 23:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by captain kirk
Hello

I would like to thanks all the people who have put in good comments on here about DLS / DLC.

This is what service we provided.

I was redundant on thurday at 1 pm.

My service staff and i did not walk out staright to the dole office that thursday and still havent, we was shocked and very upset thinking that we dont have a job and xmas is coming.

But what we have done is carried on working, we had customers motorcycles half way through servicing we had customers bike on site that needed to be repaired after having a crash and we had the parts to complete the jobs.

we made sure all the bikes on site were completed and that the customers got their bikes before the insolvency company took them. who would have made it very hard for the customer to claim their bikes.

We did not think about ourselves but our customers and their bikes,
one customer would have lost over £6,000 in parts and still had to get his bike repaired as he paid by switch, but we stayed and made sure that customers bike was fixed and delivered back to him.
Another customer went throught a insurance claim which took a long time but finally came through and we had the parts to fix the bike, so we did so now the customer has his bike, instead of getting the bike out at his cost and getting repaired and waiting another two months to get the parts.

Im sorry for the new owners who have put down money on new bikes.

But please contact Ducati uk and they will dealing with the sitaution and you wil lget the bike you ordered, sorry but not in the time your would have got if we was still trading.

I would like to thank everyone who worked with me you was a great group and hope to see a few of you around.

I know you can only please some of the people who walk in the door but i hope those have had a good time with us.

Marcello good luck with what every you do.

Hope you all get something sorted soon, with such a proffesional attitude I'm sure a new job will not be far away.