Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Feb-2004, 10:31
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

My Dyno chart....a little distraction !!!

Just found this chart while sorting through some of the old paperwork for my bike. I believe it was done just after the 944cc big bore kit was fitted. The bike was running a K+N air filter and pretty 'free-flowing' end cans.

All the Dyno people did was fit a larger main jet and as you can see from the chart (Hopefully) max power has increased slightly from 76 to 79 hp at roughly 6750 rpm and torque from 66 to 68 lb/ft at around 5250.

The curves appear better but, I do wonder what the 'drop out' was on the old blue curve at around 8000 rpm?

The old spec that I have states max power of 61.5Kw @ 7000 rpm, which as far as I can work out is 82.47hp - thanx to a lovely converter at:

http://www.locost7.info/converter.php

However, just to totally confuse the issue - the 1991 test I posted on here somewhere from a PB mag states 84bhp @ 7000 rpm

Gotta say I'm a little disapointed, i did expect a little more from the big bore kit but I guess 80hp at the back wheel is OK

Since I got the bike however, I've drilled the air box to pieces, fitted NGK iridium plugs and better ignition leads and fitted a dynojet kit to some newish low mileage carbs that I got hold of.......so....... with fingers crossed, there might of been a couple of more ponies released.

I must get my own Dyno runs done sometime as I also now swap between the original SL cans I have the open Carbon cans (as in my avatar), which cant really be doing much good.

As with some of the previous posts on here about differing results from Dyno runs I expect to get something completely unexpected next time out....probably a lower reading altogether

Regards - Frank
Old 02-Feb-2004, 12:09
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Frank, that does seem bit low for a big bore kit. Have a browse on this US site. Doug Lofgren

It's the best online resource I found for tuning related to the 2V engine. Doug Lofgren is well known and respected in all things 2V and 4V.

You'll see that there is plenty more to be had from your setup. Happy reading!
Old 02-Feb-2004, 20:30
Mille

Mood: Built for comfort, not speed
If you are after more power Frank, mind that gravel trap at the end of Crofts start/finish straight
Could have some SPS calipers for sale if your interested.
Ian