Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Feb-2004, 18:26
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Icene,

I commute everyday and have a set of Pirelli's Diablos (not the Corsa) on my 750ss.

Been really happy with the tyre so far. Must have got at least 4k miles out of them at the moment and while I think I'll be due for a change in the spring, there's some good wear left on them yet. Plenty of wet weather miles in there too and I have a fairly high amount of confidence in them.

I've used them on a track day too and they were fine for me. I'm only a novice but they seemed to do the job.

Cheers
Phill

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by phillc]
Old 13-Feb-2004, 22:41
Montjuic

Mood: i'm hungry
actually, i must be losing it cus i just had another look and i've got Dragons, not Diablos front and rear . . . . . . .
Old 13-Feb-2004, 23:50
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Frank, is there nothing on eBay?
Old 14-Feb-2004, 23:30

Tyres

I don't remember the physics, but I've definitely heard that increasing the reaar tyre width increases the cornering effort. Not sure if different profile can correct for this or not!

I've had a 170 and a 180 on different SS's of mine - can't say I particularly noticed the difference, but then I'm a towny. I can say that the 180's won't fit on the standard AA truck bike rack
Old 14-Feb-2004, 23:40
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I've had a look on Ebay funnily enough and there are some Rennsports and Corsa's part worn for sale.....I dont think I'd take a chance on these from anyone I didnt know or trust.

I think I'm sold on going for a 170 section rear Corsa - my 900ss does not have the power output to justify a 180 and I certainly DONT want to compromise the steering in anyway....

As an aside I've been told to look for the ROAD CONSTRUCTION Supercorsa's as although the compound is the same as the racing tyres the side walls are much stiffer and more suited to raod riding....comments please !!!

Thanx all

Frank