Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 21-Feb-2004, 16:20
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
I must admit that I fell for the MS at the NEC 2002 but was dubious about buying Ducati due to all the scare stories that I had read/heard. I had been contemplating a Caponord but was put off by my experiances trying to get parts from Aprilia for my Pegaso. I am lucky in the fact that that the owner of the local Ducati shop is a friend so I was able to investigate the true cost of Ducati ownership which based on 12000 miles a year is not that much more than the ZRX1200R which I traded in for it. One lengthy test ride on the MS convinced me.I was not interested in the sports models as my body no longer fits this sort of bike. I liked the look the monsters but couldn't imagine taking one on a tour ( I am sure I will be receive plenty of posts telling me other wise) plus the fact that my credit card wilted at the sight of the accessory catalogue knowing that I can resist anything except temptation. I really liked the ST range (especially in yellow) but prefered the more upright riding position of the MS.I must admit that the accesory catalogue for this ha already made my flexible friend go weak at the knees
I must apologise if I have rambled on too long but I am really enthusiastic about my new purchase. Let's just hope I am still as keen this time next year