Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Aug-2004, 17:28

How to remove air box on 748R

How do I remove the lower part of the airbox? The bolts that attaches the box to the the valve inspection covers are blocked by the throttle bodies.

What to do?

(2002 748R)

Cheers,
/Uffe

[Edited on 8-8-2004 by Ericsson]
Old 08-Aug-2004, 18:12
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
air box

Hi Ericsson
I spent a couple of hours trying to get mine off, but, obviously take the 6 bolts and the top carbon part off. Undo the throttle cableand pull the grommett out, disconnect the large electrical connector in the side, then undo the 2 jubilee clips roundeach throttle body, then it takes alot of effort and rocking and a bit of WD but they will come out the rubber blocks! The there are 4 bolts take them out then the box should come out!
Old 08-Aug-2004, 19:05

Thanks Chris,
I'm back from the garage. I didn't know you could remove the throttle bodies separate from the lower box part. Apparantly you could :-)

Now, according to the manual the "inside" petrol tubes are to be removed from the "in to out couplings" (don't know proper name). I cannot do that without cutting the that permanent type of jubilee clips used.

Anyway now it's out :-)

Cheers,
/Uffe